Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick 1. In which book is there a charity concert that raises more than $22,000?
2. In which book does the main character realize that his crush has become his friend and his friend has become his girlfriend?
3. In which book does the main character have two special pairs of drumsticks?
4. In which book does Steven not let Renee into his house because she has a cold?
5. In which book does the main character have to leave the big concert to go to the emergency room with his brother?
6. In which book does Steven have a pair of drumsticks signed by the drummer from the Dave Matthews Band?
7. In which book does the Alper family spend a lot of time at the hospital in Philadelphia?
8. In which book does the father learn that it is more important for him be there for his family than working to try to make extra money?
9. In which book does the main character have nightmares that make him wake up screaming on a nightly basis?
10. In which book do many of the characters shave their heads to show support for Jeffrey?
11. In which book is an action figure named Mike the Medic important to a sick boy?
12. In which book does the main character have the nickname Peasant or Pez?
13. In which book does the guidance counselor say to the main character, "why don't you work on the things you CAN change?' (p. 184)
14. In which book does a hospital patient tell the main character that he needs to be there for his brother, no matter what.
15. In which book does a counselor give candy hearts out only for information?
16. In which book does the main character turn to practicing his instrument as his world is falling apart?
17. Which book features a child pianist planning on attending Juliard, who broke her arm falling down the stairs?
18. Name the book in which the main character tries to stop his lessons so his family can save money.
19. In which book is a boy mortified that his mother came to his middle school dance in sweats and announced his name on stage over the microphone?
20. In which book does the main character belong to the jazz band at his school?
21. In which book did an oatmeal breakfast result in a trip to the emergency room?
Eastby Edith Pattou 1. Which book features wind-roses?
2. In which book is the main character carried away from her family on the back of a white bear?
3. Which book is written in multiple viewpoints, with each chapter the title of whose voice we hear?
4. In which book does a story-knife help the main character?
5. In which book does the main character weaves three beautiful, magical dresses?
6. In which book does a prisoner try to learn how to play the flauto?
7. In which book is an ice-bridge a destination for two friends?
8. In which book does washing out a garment reveal the truth?
9. In which book does the main character cross hundreds of miles in search of setting a wrong right?
10. In which book does the Troll Queen plan a wedding?
11. In which book does the main character learn how to sail a knorr and a kayak?
12. In which book does a forbidden look at a bed-mate crush a young man's dream?
13. In which book is a prisoner allowed a one-month visit back home?
14. In which book does the main character wear a seal-skin in order to travel through the sea?
15. In which book does birth direction determine the character of a child?
16. In which book does a superstitious mother convince herself of a lie?
17. In which book does a family trade one daughter's life for another?
18. In which book does a main character fall asleep in a snow drift?
19. In which book is there a character with purple eyes?
20. In which book is the narration of one of the characters written in prose? (for example - "Piercing. So long ago, so much lost. Alone. Always alone." - p 61)
Listening for Lionsby Gloria Whelan 1. In this book the old man knew the main character's true identity shortly after she arrived at his home in England.
2. In this book bird watching strengthens the bond between a young girl and an old man.
3. Name the book where the main character learns her father's profession and follows in his footsteps all the way to Africa.
4. In which book does the main character agree to lie about her identity to keep an old man from dying?
5. In which book do we learn that the Kikuyu dip their arrows into the poisonous sap of the desert rose before they go hunting?
6. Name the book where the neighbors of the main character become her pretend parents as part of a plot to get rich.
7. In what book did the girl have to choose the place where her mother's coffin would lie?
8. Name the book in which the roar of a savage beast is like a lullaby to the main character.
9. Name the book in which influenza leaves a girl orphaned.
10. Name the book in which a red-head sometimes took over her mother's school-teaching.
11. In which book do the Masai feel as if indoors were prisons.
12. In which book does the main character ride in a car for the first time?
13. In which book does a girl change names three times?
14. Which book features animals such as willow wrens, hoopoes, and house martins?
15. Name the book in which a girl goes to a lawyer in London to finally reveal the truth.
16. Name the book which names a new species of bird after an old man.
17. In which book can an orphan speak both English and Swahii?
18. In this book a young girl sees snow for the first time as she nears the end of a four-month journey.
19. In this book a girl plays hymns on the piano during church.
20. In which book does a red-head delay her education for a dying man?
MVP*: *Magellan Voyage Project by Douglas Evans 1. In which book did a main character who was poor get to attend school in an upper-class suburb because his mom was a cook in the middle school there?
2. In which book did a main character leave a poker chip in each time zone he went through?
3. In which book did the players wear blue and the trackers wear yellow?
4. In which book did a boy and a girl escape from a detention center by running through a field of sunflowers?
5. In which book did two main characters eat pancakes that were dipped in reindeer blood and topped with cloudberry sauce?
6. In which book was a main character dressed just like the boy on a box of Cracker Jack according to a man who had tattoos of dogs on his body?
7. In which book did poison oak help a main character escape from stoppers?
8. In which book are palindromes frequently used?
9. In which book does a boy get caught by Trackers in a crepe truck in Paris?
10. Which book is about a game with a long list of rules?
11. In which book are twelve-year-olds chosen to be contestants in an international race?
12. Which book details Adam's experience in the Great Global Game?
13. In which book is the main character given a cell phone, GPS device, and a credit card?
14. In which book does a boy record his checklist of all the places in the world he'd like to see?
15. In which book does Meredith lose the race in China?
16. In which book is there a group called LORD?
17. In which book does a boy collect his prize by winning the lottery?
18. In which book is the phrase, "Madam, I'm Adam", frequently used?
19. In which book does a character have a friend with blue hair
Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach 1. In which book is the Murphy diamond found?
2. In which book does a man leave a clue using lines from a Dylan Thomas poem?
3. In which book are sisters named after characters in the play Much Ado About Nothing?
4. In which book does Hero befriend Mrs. Roth, her next door neighbor?
5. In which book does a necklace turn out to have belonged to Ann Boelyn?
6. In which book is graffiti about Hero written in the boys' bathroom?
7. In which book do two characters snoop through the files of the chief of police?
8. In which book is a precious gem hidden in an outdoor light?
9. In which book is a boy and his grandmother reunited?
10. In this book, on the first day of school, the main character is found to have the same name as a dog.
11. In this book, a found jewel is sent to a mother who left.
12. In which book does a girl find out that a classmate's dog has the same name as she does?
In which book does a character learn that popularity has disadvantages?
In which book does the “finding place” reveal many secrets?
In what book are two of the main characters named after literary characters?
In what book is a valuable jewel hidden in an obvious place that all the treasure seekers have overlooked?
In what book does a mother return her son’s valuable gift?
Al Capone does my Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko What does Scout want Moose to get for him from the prison? (A convict baseball)
When Natalie has a birthday she is always the same age. What age is that? (10)
Who is scarface? (Al Capone)
What happens every time Moose attempts to play baseball with Scout? (His mother makes him take care of Natalie so she can give piano lessons.)
The day after Natalie is admitted to the Esther P. Marinoff school Moose finds a piece of paper in his shirt pocket. What does the note say? (done)