TOWN OF ATLANTA
NOTICE OF SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
DATE: MARCH 29, 2007 TIME: 7:00 PM PLACE: TOWN HALL
1. Call to order. Statement of proper noticing.
2. Action on Code of Ordinances.
3. Action on Conditional Use Permit.
TOWN OF ATLANTA
MARCH SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
DATE: March 29, 2007 TIME: 7:00 PM PLACE: TOWN HALL
Attendees: Wayne Stevens – chairman, Larry Barringer – Supervisor, Walt Weinert – Supervisor, Susan Mayer – Clerk
1. Call to order. Wayne Stevens called the special meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and noted that this meeting agenda had been posted in the usual 3 places.
2. Action on Code of Ordinances. A Code of Ordinances manual was passed around. It contained the ATV ordinance, the Uniform Building Code ordinance, and the recently adopted Plan Commission ordinance. Larry Barringer made a motion that the Code of Ordinances manual be adopted. Walt Weinert seconded. Motion carried.
The clerk was asked to publish a notice in the Ladysmith paper similar to one the Town of Hubbard had published earlier this year and announce that Atlanta township ordinances were available for inspection from any of the board members, or at the town hall. The clerk was asked to make up 11 more manuals – for the 2 supervisors, clerk, treasurer, county clerk’s office, Bruce library, town hall, and for the planning commission members (which will be appointed at the next town meeting.)
3. Action on Conditional Use Permit. Charles Scarpadine has asked for a conditional use permit for a commercial business in a residential area on Trails End Road. They will bring in a mobile trailer which they will use as an office for their consulting business. The trailer will have no bedrooms or basement. It will have plumbing and a septic system. There was some discussion if granting this permit would bypass sanitary permits, accessibility rules, etc. It was decided that approving this permit was part of the normal procedures and just indicated that the Town of Atlanta saw no problem with this land use. Wayne Stevens made a motion that the conditional use permit for the Scarpadine’s be accepted. Walt Weinert seconded. Motion carried.
4. Adjourn. Larry Barringer made a motion that the meeting be adjourned. Walt Weinert seconded. Motion carried. Meeting was adjourned.