|"Pirates of Silicon Valley" Film Questions
As you watch the film, look for answers to the following questions.
1. Who originally owned the rights to the computer Steve Wozniak made, and why did they not take advantage of it?
2. What was the first computer that Bill Gates and Paul Allen tried to write software for? What did they write?
3. Which company made the first large investment in Apple Computer?
4. Did Microsoft invent the Disk Operating System? Briefly explain the deal Microsoft made with IBM concerning DOS.
5. Who invented the first mouse-driven graphical user interface?
6. What was the name of the first computer made by Apple that had a graphical interface? (Hint: It's not the Macintosh!)
7. Explain how and why Steve Jobs left Apple Computer.
8. The film portrayed the "Pirates of Silicon Valley" as half-hero, half-villain. In one or two paragraphs, give your thoughts as to how they should be categorized. Relate your response to how they began their businesses, ran their businesses, and how they've impacted our economy and our way of life.