Quiz 3 Describe the process for clearing out a router and loading in a base configuration. Does cdp work with all devices, even if they are not made by Cisco? From Global Configuration mode what command will disable cdp?
Quiz 3 1. Describe the process for clearing out a router and loading in a base configuration.
2. Does CDP work with all devices, even if they are not made by Cisco?
3. From Global Configuration mode what command will disable CDP?
4. What command will show all of the router‘s neighbors, with their IOS version?
5. What key do you press to bring up previously issued commands on the command line?
Quiz 4 1. What is the first command you would enter from Global Configuration mode if you wanted to configure the Serial Interface 0/0?
2. Once you are in Interface Configuration mode what command would you enter to encapsulate the connection for frame relay?
3. What is a sub-interface?
4. What is the purpose of using a DLCI?
5. What command opens the port for communications?
Quiz 5 1. On a serial interface (WAN interface), what command would you use to initiate and establish the Point-to-Point Protocol between devices?
2. What configuration mode do you need to be in to declare the type of encapsulation on a link?
3. Other than ―CHAP‖, what other types of authentication can you use for a PPP link?
4. Does the ―username‖ need to be associated with the ―hostname‖ of the opposite device that you are connecting to?
5. After configuring your PPP link with authentication, what three commands can be used
to troubleshoot connectivity between devices?
Quiz 6 1. What simple tool can be used to test connectivity over any link? Describe how this tool works.
2. What are the two different ways of configuring a static route?
3. How do the results differ with the two different static route configurations?
4. What debug command can you use to verify/troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity between devices?
5. You log into your router and all of a sudden, you see a large amount of output being continuously displayed on your screen. What command can you input, in Global Configuration mode, to stop all of this output?
Quiz 7 1. By default when configuring RIP, what version updates will a router receive? What version will they send?
2. What are the main differences between RIPv1 and RIPv2?
3. What are a few benefits of using the ―auto-summary‖ command?
4. What two authentication modes are available for RIP and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?
5. What four commands can you use to verify/troubleshoot RIP in a network?
Quiz 8 1. Why is it best practice to configure a Loopback address as the router-id instead of just leaving it as the highest configured IP address?
2. How is router-ID (RID) elected? How is RID used by OSPF protocol?
3. What is a purpose of Designated Router (DR) and Backup Designated Router (BDR)?
4. What purpose does the process ID serve when forming adjacencies with its neighbors?
5. What is an LSA and what is its purpose?
Quiz 9 1. What features of EIGRP makes it the most sophisticated and efficient routing protocol?
2. What are some limitations to EIGRP routing protocol compared to OSPF?
3. Explain the Autonomous System number in EIGRP and what it is used for.
4. What is the internal and external Administrative Distances for EIGRP?
5. Two parts: When determining the metric (cost) of a route in EIGRP, what two factors (out of five) are used (by default)? Also, what percentage of bandwidth is EIGRP configured to use (by default)?
Quiz 10 1. Name the three modes of VTP.
2. What must be done first to switch ports on both ends of a link before multiple VLAN information can travel across that link?
3. What is VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)?
4. Briefly explain how VLAN information in a switch is sent to other switches using VTP.
5. What is the command to check the revision number and to verify the VTP domain?
Quiz 11 Here are some questions to reinforce and reorganize your conceptual understanding of the topics covered in this lab.
1. What is the function of PortFast? When should PortFast only be used?
2. What is the bridge priority used for in STP?
3. What is the forward interval in STP?
4. What is the function of the following command: spanning-tree port-priority 128?
5. What command is used to verify the operation of STP?
Quiz 12 1. What two diagrams are necessary for configuring Layer 2? Explain both.
2. What is the command to issue configurations onto multiple ports at the same time?
3. What are the two modes for configuring switchports? Explain the difference between both.
4. What IMPORTANT switching command do you use to verify/display the vlan database?
5. What is the only reason a switchport will not show up in the VLAN database?
Quiz 13 1. What is a SVI?
2. How is creating VLAN different from creating a SVI?
3. Does a SVI act as the single routed interface for the collection of all switchports assigned to a given VLAN?
4. What command is used to create/define SVI?
5. What show command shows SVI status?
Quiz 14 1. A mask or a wildcard mask (WCM) is used with access list. How is a WCM different from a subnet mask (SNM)?
2. How would you summarize the below range of networks into a single network for ACL optimization?
3. Configure a standard access list deny any host access to 192.168.0.80 /29 network through an interface.
4. Configure an extended access list to allow hosts from 10.0.0.0 /27 a telnet access to an access-server with 192.168.66.9 address.
5. Configure an access-list to deny icmp traffic in the entire network
Quiz 15 1. Why was Network Address Translation (NAT) introduced?
2. What are the four steps for configuring NAT?
3. What is the difference between Static NAT and Dynamic NAT?
4. What is NAT overload?
5. What are some other names for NAT overload?