|Questions to Videos on Plessy v. Ferguson, Atlanta Race Riot of 1906, and Leo Frank Case
(Standard SS8H7 a and b)
Plessy v. Ferguson:
Blacks in 1895 decided to test the new Jim Crow Laws on ______________ that people rode on.
Homer Plessy believed that his rights were protected under the _______
3. Plessy v. Ferguson introduced the phrase “_________________ ______ ________________” to the American vocabulary, and created ___________ separate Americas.
4. In the song in the video, if you are Black, _________ __________!!
Plessy v. Ferguson also led to a wave of ___________________ ___________________ against blacks throughout the nation.
Atlanta Race Riot of 1906:
Whites feared blacks around 1900 because they were competing for
Even if blacks were well educated, whites believed that blacks were _________________ to them.
Hox Smith and the Atlanta newspapers falsely accused black men of
attacking _________________ ______________.
______________ people were killed and ________________ more injured due to the riots in Atlanta.
5. The race riots of 1906 and the 1990s were caused by deep ____________ __________________ in our nation that are not resolved.
Leo Frank Case:
1. Under the plan called the ___________ ___________________, political leaders in Georgia thought Northern industries will greatly benefit the state and citizens of Georgia.
2. There was _________________ difference that factory workers earned in comparison to working on farms. Eventually, those who moved to the cities from the country ended up living in ______________ ______________.
Leo Frank, a __________, was falsely accused of murdering a 13 year old girl in the factory he managed.
Frank, as well as all northern industrial men, were treated as ___________________________ and blamed for most of the problems Georgians faced with new industrialization and urbanization.
Governor _______________ ________________ changed Leo Frank’s sentence but it cost him his political career.
As a result, a mob kidnapped Frank from prison and ________________ him in Marietta, Georgia.