|Penn Bowl Trash III
Packet By: Ben Frank, Eric Mukherjee, et. al
Edited By: Ben Frank
1. He played Mr. Pierce in the 1973 TV movie Bachelor-at-Law and has been married to Doria Cook since 1987. This man also played Kenneth Dutton on the short-lived program Chicago Story and had a starring role on the show Call to Glory as Raynor Sarnac. On the show for which he is most famous, his character’s daughter marries a theater mime played by Kris Kamm, and in another notable TV role, he stars alongside Roger Aaron Brown as Chief Jack Mannion. His most famous TV character frequently interacts with the Kenneth Kimmins-portrayed Howard Burleigh and eventually gets an opportunity with the fictional Orlando Breakers. That character played by this man also marries Christine Armstrong and decides to leave Minnesota State, but brings along staff like Luther Van Dam, played by Jerry Van Dyke. FTP, name this actor most famous for playing Hayden Fox on the ABC show Coach.
ANSWER: Craig Theodore Nelson
2. The music video for this song includes the image of a red balloon hanging in the middle of a hallway as well as orange flower petals lying on a bed with a phone. That video also includes piano player Dave Haywood entering a dancehall. One part of the song talks about someone “sweeping in the way you did before”, and the singer says that she would “rather hurt than feel nothin’ at all”. This is the first single the group released after the song “I Run to You”, and it includes a reference to “picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor”. The singers feel a certain longing when they are “all alone”, “a little drunk” and when I “said I wouldn’t call but I lost all control”. FTP, name this song in which the titular desire occurs when “it’s a quarter after one”, a hit by Lady Antebellum.
ANSWER: “Need You Now”
3. One of this man’s films includes a popular Japanese boy named Toshiaki, who creates a homemade jet pack. At one point, this man was married to Lena Gieseke, and in another of his movies, one character is a former contractor that “only wants to relax and cut out coupons”. He directed a 1982 stop-motion film about a delusional “tortured artist” that was entitled Vincent, but one of his more famous films includes a faceoff between Thade and Leo Davidson. A 1990 film by this director follows a title character that is brought to suburbia by Peg Boggs, and that film includes Anthony Michael Hall and Winona Ryder. Another of his film’s title characters has a unique relationship with the Martin Landau portrayed-Bela Lugosi, and he directed two movies with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne. FTP, name this director of films like Sleepy Hollow and Beetlejuice.
ANSWER: Timothy William “Tim” Burton
4. In Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict, this character is unlocked after finishing all of the challenges, and in a 2011 game he sends a message to his past self, altering the timeline. He sealed an amulet into the Temple of the Elements in Nepal, after his defeat of Shinnok. This character, who is also unlockable in NFL Blitz, sacrificed himself in order to stop Onaga, but his soul was corrupted and he attempted to kill Shujinko right after that; that game sees him ambushed by the Deadly Alliance.. This protector of Earthrealm then created a mindless servant out of Liu Kang’s corpse; he had earlier recruited that figure in order to defeat his greatest enemy. One of his signature moves, the Torpedo, sees him dive at his opponent while yelling random Japanese phrases, and after the fusing of Earthrealm and Outworld in one game he protects the souls of several Earth warriors during Shao Kahn’s invasion. For 10 points, name this character who dresses in blue and white with a conical straw hat, a thunder god from the Mortal Kombat series.
5. One song by this name begins with the line “tell you why I called on you, this is what we’re going to do” and appears on the album American Made. A more famous song of this name was covered in 2009 by JES and was the original band’s first single after their release of the song “Fascination Street” from the album Disintegration. A cover of that song was a 2004 #1 Alternative Songs hit for 311 and appears on the soundtrack to 50 First Dates. A popular 2007 song by this name includes the lyrics “promise me you’ll leave the light on” and appears on the album Little Voice. A famous song with this name opens with the line “Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again”, and in another song, the singer won’t “write” this “’cause you asked for it, ‘cause you need one”. FTP, give this name of a 1989 song by The Cure and a 2007 song by Sara Bareilles.
ANSWER: “Love Song”
6. After leading Panathinaikos to a championship in the Greek League, he retired from professional basketball in 1998. He was a 4th overall pick by the Clippers out of Arizona State and played for the Pacers and Grizzlies towards the end of his career in the mid-90s. In his first season as coach of a western conference team in 2004-2005, he won only 18 games, and he took his first NBA head-coaching position by succeeding Don Casey. This man would be fired from that job after losing two consecutive years in the NBA Finals. He was fired from another coaching job in 2009 following consecutive playoff appearances for his team that included David West, and he would eventually succeed Mike Brown just in time for the departure of Lebron James. FTP, name this coach of the New Jersey Nets and New Orleans Hornets that took over as head coach of the Cavaliers in July 2010.
ANSWER: Byron Antom Scott
7. The 1938 movie Port of Shadows plays during a theater scene in this film. One of the characters in this film marries a chocolate manufacturer millionaire named Paul, and at one point Tommy Nettle remarks “No one speaks the fucking lingo out here”. A central character in this film decides to train as a nurse at St. Thomas’ rather than attend Cambridge, and towards the end of the film, the viewer surprisingly discovers that one of the main figures died while awaiting evacuation at Dunkirk. As a 13 year-old, Briony Tallis witnesses Robbie Turner and her older sister Cecilia making love in a library. Briony proceeds to alter the course of many lives when she intentionally falsely accuses Robbie of committing a rape. FTP, name this 2007 film based on an Ian McEwan novel that stars Keira Knightley and James McAvoy.
8. Significant members of this band have included drummer Jerry Edmonton and keyboardist Goldy McJohn. Their most recent top-10 album in the U.S. was called At Your Birthday Party, and one of their biggest hits tells the listener to “just hope there is a promised land, hang on ‘til then as best you can”. That hit was penned by lead singer John Kay and is called “Rock Me”. An even bigger hit for this band includes the line “on a cloud of sound I drift in the night”, while another of their songs says “yeah, darling gonna make it happen, take the world in a love embrace”. One of this band’s hits asserts, “well, you don’t know what we can find”, but their most famous song instructs one to “get your motor running, head out on the highway”. FTP, name this Canadian-American rock group popular in the late 1960s for songs like “Magic Carpet Ride” and “Born to Be Wild”.
9. A film with this name contains a character named Janelle Rogers and centers on photographer Jeff Kohlver. That 2005 movie includes Sandra Oh and is the feature film directorial debut of David Slade. An album of this name was the follow up to the album This Desert Life by a band that includes Adam Duritz. In addition to that 2002 album by the Counting Crows, a more famous artist released an album of this name that includes songs like “Miles Away” and “Give It 2 Me” three years after her album Confessions on a Dance Floor. That album of this name contains the highly successful “4 Minutes” and is a 2008 studio release by Madonna. Foods of this type include a cane-shaped peppermint flavored Christmas treat as well as Life Savers and Jawbreakers. FTP, name this type of confection that must be sucked until it is softened enough to bite.
ANSWER: Hard Candy
10. This actor is the lead singer of the band Manly Moondog and the Three Kool Hats, and he played Krushinski in the film Wildcats. He was briefly the son-in-law of Neil Simon in the 80s and also portrayed a homeless Vietnam War veteran in 1991’s Ted & Venus. More notable film roles include playing Raymond in The Big White as well as playing Seargent Keck in The Thin Red Line and Ray Pekurny in Edtv. He appears as a blind piano player named Ezra in Seven Pounds, and in one of his most notable roles, he has a partner named Mallory and must deal with a detective played by Tom Sizemore. In a famous 1992 film, this actor’s character has a girlfriend played by Rosie Perez and makes a living as a basketball hustler. FTP, name this actor that played Billy Hoyle alongside Wesley Snipes in White Men Can’t Jump.
ANSWER: Woodrow Tracy “Woody” Harrelson
11. In 2005, Nicolas Jacobsen was charged with intruding into this company’s internal network. An advertisement for this company includes one man saying, “you don’t give another man’s girl a foot massage”, and this company has a national community outreach program called “Huddle Up”. Another of their ads includes comedienne Rachael Harris talking while standing in front of a large running timer, and a different commercial for this company includes a Cat Stevens song as well as Whoopi Goldberg and Phil Jackson. Other marketing attempts by this company have included Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade and have asked “Who’s in your fave 5?”, and in July 2010, this company discontinued its Sidekick line of phones. FTP, name this cellular provider that has used Catherine Zeta Jones as a spokesperson.
12. This character is knocked out with a fire extinguisher moments after waking from a dream in which Bach’s “Toccata and Fugue” plays as a gigantic figure deems this character unworthy of his title. Doug Swallow warns this character to break up with his girlfriend, who poisons this character’s bottle of Coldkiller X after he repeatedly ignores her warnings to give a certain item back. This character chose his current profession after being accused of stealing lunch money, an action actually perpetrated by his friend Larry (*) Butz. The last game of the series usually named for him involves his mentorship of Apollo Justice. After the murder of his mentor Mia, this character takes her younger sister Maya as an assistant and seals the fate of such villains as Luke Atmey and Damon Gant by defeating such opponents as Franziska von Karma and Miles Edgeworth. “Objection!” is a catchphrase of, for 10 points, what eponymous “Ace Attorney” of a Capcom series?
ANSWER: Phoenix Wright [prompt on partial answer]
13. He reportedly sold a boat to Blockbuster Video founder Wayne Huizenga for over $70 Million, and his first two European Tour victories came at the Martini International. This player beat out Fuzzy Zoeller to win The Players Championship in 1994, and one of his major championship victories was a 5-stroke win over Gordon Brand. He lost in a playoff to Paul Azinger at the 1993 PGA Championship, and this man married Chris Evert in 2008. He is remembered for his 1986 season, when he led after the third of round of each major, but was only able to win the British Open. Despite being in contention for majors many times and spending over 300 weeks as the best golfer in the world in the 80s and 90s, his final round collapses led him to finish his career with only two major championships, both at the British Open. FTP, name this Australian golfer nicknamed “The Shark”.
ANSWER: Gregory John Norman
14. On this program, Dr. Crippen is replaced after sustaining a serious foot injury, and other characters include a reporter that is played by Stephen Martines. The central figure has a father named Clay, and seasons 1-4 of this show included the sassy, but intelligent Irene Daniels. Many figures on this show rely on the technology expertise of Michael Tao, and another figure on this program is an expert on Latino gangs named Julio Sanchez. The main character on this program is married to Fritz Howard, and G.W. Bailey plays Detective Lieutenant Provenza. One of the more important figures is LAPD Assistant Chief Will Pope played by J.K. Simmons, and this show revolves around Brenda Leigh Johnson, the leader of the Major Crimes Division. FTP, name this TNT drama starring Kyra Sedgwick.
ANSWER: The Closer
15. One character in this film makes a prank call to Pinky’s Pizza, and this film marked the first credited screen appearance for Kathleen Quinlan, who had a small role as Peg. In one scene, a character in this film watches TV through a store window while singing along with the song “The Great Pretender”. While sitting at a red light, Carol is hit in the face with a water balloon thrown from another car, and a main figure in this film is stopped by a group known as “The Pharaohs”. Other episodes in this film include a car race with Bob Falfa and an intense search for a blonde played by Suzanne Somers that is originally seen in a T-bird. One of the memorable settings of this film is Mel’s Drive-In, and it centers on Curt Henderson’s indecision about whether to leave the next morning to attend college in the northeast. FTP, name this 1973 George Lucas coming-of-age film starring Ron Howard and Richard Dreyfuss.
ANSWER: American Graffiti
16. At one time, this character remarks “in Canada, ‘stealing’ means ‘working hard and obeying the law’, eh?”. His father’s gun case combination code matches the date on which this man moved away from home, and as a youngster he is sent to the “Right Choice Ranch”. He helps formerly suppressed homosexual Kenny James to develop a gambling problem, and he has parents named Kay and Carl. This man is a friend of Crab Shack employee Darnell Turner and also interacts with a dancer and beautiful motel housekeeper named Catalina. He usually hangs around his dimwitted brother Randy, and this man dramatically changes his life after learning about the concept of Karma. FTP, name this title character of an NBC comedy program canceled in 2009 played by Jason Lee.
ANSWER: Earl Hickey (Accept either answer)
17. He led the University of Arizona in hitting in 1988, posting a better average than teammates like J.T. Snow. During the strike-shortened 1994 season, he took over for Gene Harris, and in 1993, he was traded to the team with which he spent the most time in exchange for Gary Sheffield. In 1998, he tied a National League record set by Randy Myers, and Rod Beck took over for this man when he was injured in 2003. His best year was probably when he finished runner-up in the Cy Young race in 1998 to Tom Glavine. In that year, he began entering games to the AC/DC song “Hells Bells” and helped his team get to the World Series. In September 2006, he broke a major pitching record held by Lee Smith. FTP, name this all-time MLB leader in saves that has spent most of his career with the San Diego Padres.
ANSWER: Trevor William Hoffman
18. He purchased his clothing line from designer Robert Stanzler, whom he mentions in the title track of a 1996 album. Early albums like The Polyfuze Method gained him little recognition, while an eponymous 2003 release included songs like “Hard Night for Sarah” and “Single Father”. One of his biggest hits contains the lyrics “I take too many pills, it helps to ease the pain” and also claims “I need to rewind myself”. His highest charting single to date appears on his 2001 album Cocky and is a collaboration in which this singer says that he is “Livin’ my life in a slow hell” and “ain’t seen the sunshine in three damn days”. His popularity soared with the breakout 1998 album Devil Without a Cause, and he had a recent hit with a song that combines “Werewolves of London” and “Sweet Home Alabama”. FTP, name this mixed-genre American recording artist known for songs like “All Summer Long” and “Bawitdaba”.
ANSWER: Kid Rock or Robert Ritchie
19. A sequel series to this show aired on UPN in the late 90s and starred Robert Urich as Jim Kennedy. Up until 2006, one of the main actors from this program used his moniker from the show to write a sex and advice column with Jenna Jameson for FHM. Marion Ross had a recurring role as Emily, while Teri Hatcher played Amy at the end of this show’s run. Jack Jones notably performed the opening theme to this program, which included photographer Ashley Covington Evans, portrayed by Ted McGinley. One of the main characters was Dr. Adam Bricker, and this show went off the air partially because Fred Grandy wanted to run for U.S. Congress. It starred Gavin MacLeod as Merrill Stubing, a character also known as “Your Captain”. FTP, name this Aaron Spelling-produced show that aired from 1977 to 1986 and took place on a cruise ship.
ANSWER: The Love Boat
20. A July 1, 2010 play of this kind involved Luca Congi and Tim Maypray, and Dominique Dorsey matched a feat accomplished by Bashir Levingston when he did this in his first game with the Toronto Argonauts. A 2002 play of this kind features a block put on Keith Burns by Ray Lewis. The 49ers lost a 3-0 lead when this happened in a November 2005 game at Soldier Field, and the following November against the Giants, another Bears player would successfully do this in addition to Nathan Vasher. This was done against the Broncos during Monday Night Football by Chris McAllister, and it also happened when the longest play in NFL history was recorded by Antonio Cromartie following a Ryan Longwell attempt. FTP, name this special teams scoring play that sometimes happens after one team unsuccessfully tries to score three points.
ANSWER: Missed Field Goal Return for Touchdown (Accept any clear equivalents. All underlined words should probably be said in some form.)
1. This program included the opening theme “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now” and featured actresses Rebeca Arthur and Melanie Wilson as well as actor Mark Linn-Baker. FTPE: `  Name this sitcom starring Bronson Pinchot as Balki Bartokomous, a man that comes from a Mediterranean island to live with his distant cousin Larry Appleton. ANSWER: Perfect Strangers  During one season of Perfect Strangers, elevator operator Harriette Winslow and her husband Carl move into Larry and Balki’s apartment building. Eventually, Harriette and Carl no longer appear on Perfect Strangers after becoming regular characters on this show that began in the fall of 1989. ANSWER: Family Matters  On Perfect Strangers, Balki originally hails from this fictional island. ANSWER: Mypos
2. Characters in this movie include the J.A. Preston-portrayed Oscar Grace and Mary Ann Simpson, played by Kim Zimmer. FTPE:
 Name this 1980s Lawrence Kasdan film in which Ned begins an affair with Matty and the two ultimately decide that they must kill Matty’s husband Edmund.
ANSWER: Body Heat
 Body Heat was one of the first films in the career of this actor, who played Teddy Lewis in the film. In the years immediately following Body Heat, he would appear as the Motorcycle Boy in Rumble Fish and as John Gray in 9 ½ Weeks.
ANSWER: Mickey Rourke
 In addition to Body Heat, Lawrence Kasdan is well known for directing this 1983 film with an all-star ensemble cast that includes Jeff Goldblum, Glenn Close, and Kevin Kline. The movie revolves around a group of college friends that reunite after 15 years because of the death of a friend.
ANSWER: The Big Chill
3. Their early albums include Three Dollar Bill, Yall$ and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water, but 2010’s Gold Cobra was this band’s first release in seven years. FTPE:
 Name this band that includes Wes Borland and former House of Pain member DJ Lethal as well as vocalist Fred Durst.
ANSWER: Limp Bizkit
 This 1999 song for Limp Bizkit hit #1 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart and claims “Lately I’ve been skeptical, silent when I would used to speak”. The singer goes on to explain “but you might need my hand when falling in your hole, your disposition I’ll remember when I’m letting go”.
 This other Limp Bizkit tune appeared on the album Results May Vary. In this song, the singer proclaims, “No one knows what it’s like to be hated, to be fated, to telling only lies”. Oh yeah, the song was originally done by The Who.
ANSWER: “Behind Blue Eyes”
4. The title character in this film has associates like Beeman, Hennessy, and Chas. FTPE:
 Name this 2005 film based on Vertigo Comics’ Hellblazer comic book. The title figure has the ability to see the true forms of half-angels and half-demons and seeks salvation from damnation in Hell. The movie includes Rachel Weisz and Tilda Swinton.
 Constantine stars this actor, probably best known for playing Neo in The Matrix trilogy.
ANSWER: Keanu Reeves
 Reeves played Detective Tom Ludlow in this 2008 David Ayer film. In the movie, Ludlow and the other cops in his unit bend and break the rules of conduct regularly in order to deal with crime in a more efficient way. Forest Whitaker and Chris Evans also star.
ANSWER: Street Kings
5. Some of the lyrics of this song deal with racial profiling and police brutality, and it features a guest rap by Krayzie Bone. FTPE:
 Name this 2006 single by Chamillionaire that was parodied by Weird Al and whose title does not actually include the word “Dirty”.
 Chamillionaire collaborated on the song “Get Up” with this artist that has released albums like Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct. She has also had success working with Missy Elliott on the hit “1, 2 Step”.
ANSWER: Ciara Princess Harris (Accept either answer)
 This rapper was featured on the Chamillionaire song “Turn It Up”. Some of his singles include “The Way We Ball” and “What It Do”, but his biggest hit is a 2004 song featuring Lea that’s entitled “Sunshine”.
ANSWER: Lil’ Flip
6. It’s difficult to remember when somebody named John Thompson didn’t coach Georgetown, and the 80s were certainly that program’s heyday. Name some players who suited up for Georgetown during that decade FTPE:
 Possibly the most famous Georgetown player of all time is this center, who played nearly his entire career for the New York Knicks. His son also played at Georgetown after transferring from Indiana.
ANSWER: Patrick Aloysius Ewing
 This Georgetown guard played with the team from 1980-1984 and was a key figure in two of Georgetown’s Final Four appearances. However, he is probably best known for a play in the 1982 National Championship game against North Carolina when he inexplicably made a pass directly to the other team in the final seconds of the game.
ANSWER: Fred Brown
 This man was picked 2nd in the 1992 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets after playing at Georgetown. This center would play most of his career for the Heat before officially retiring in 2009. He won back-to-back NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards in 1999 and 2000.
ANSWER: Alonzo Harding Mourning, Jr.
7. At various times, this group has had members like Chrissie Hammond, Jeremy Paul, and Rex Goh, but they are probably best known as a duo. FTPE:
 Name this 1970s and 1980s soft rock group that includes Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock. Some of their top-5 hits include “Even the Nights Are Better”, “The One That You Love”, and “All Out of Love”.
ANSWER: Air Supply
 One-time Air Supply member Mark McEntee is a longtime member of the Divinyls, who are best known for this hit that has to be about masturbation. The song’s lyrics include “I want you to love me, when I’m feelin’ down, I want you above me”. The singer doesn’t want anybody else and does the titular thing “When I think about you”.
ANSWER: “I Touch Myself”
 Professional songwriters Tom Kelly and Billy Steinberg contributed to “I Touch Myself” in addition to this 1987 song by Whitney Houston. In this song, the singer gets the titular way “every time I think of you” and also posits “ain’t it shocking what love can do”.
ANSWER: “So Emotional”
8. One game created by this publisher has a vuvuzela play on loop and zero notes show up if a pirated copy is detected. For 10 points each:
 Identify this French video game publisher that released Michael Jackson: The Experience, Call of Juarez, Might and Magic VI, and Beyond Good and Evil.
 This flagship Ubisoft series has games such as Hoodlum Havoc and The Great Escape. It is a platformer whose eponymous protagonist can detach his fists to punch enemies and is assisted by Globox, Murfy, and Ly.
 Ubisoft Montreal created all six games of this series, in which Desmond Miles fights against the megacorporation Abstergo and learns that his ancestors were part of the namesake Islamic order.
ANSWER: Assassin’s Creed
9. The season culminated with what many believe to be the greatest World Series of all time, but let’s not forget about 1991’s regular season. Name these baseball players that excelled in that year FTPE:
 This Texas Ranger won the American League batting title in 1991 with a .341 average. He is originally from the Dominican Republic and may now be best remembered for his longevity. This infielder made his first Major League appearance for the Phillies in 1982 and his last for the Braves in 2007. In 2007, he was the oldest active player in the majors at age 49.
ANSWER: Julio Cesar Robles Franco
 This Atlanta Braves third baseman won both the National League batting title and MVP despite not making the All-Star game in 1991. He made his only All-Star game in 1992 and also played for the Cardinals from 1984-1990.
ANSWER: Terry Lee Pendleton
 This Baltimore Oriole won his second career MVP award in 1991. In 1995, he would break Lou Gehrig’s record for consecutive games played.
ANSWER: Calvin Edwin “Cal” Ripken, Jr.
10. Answer some questions about Batman villains, FTPE:
 This quite notable villain has a completely unclear backstory, once stating that if he has to take a history test he prefer it be multiple choice. He was played by Heath Ledger in a recent film.
 This Alice In Wonderland inspired villain’s real name is Jervis Tetch, and he likes using mind-control devices on his enemies.
ANSWER: Mad Hatter
 This person, who killed Anwar Sadat, is a Russian intelligence officer with real name Anatoli Knayazev. He has a protege named NKVDemon.
11. In 2007, a spin-off edition of this show began that was subtitled After Dark. FTPE:
 Name this show that began airing in 2005 and features Ben Bailey driving the titular vehicle.
ANSWER: Cash Cab
 Cash Cab airs on this network, whose most popular shows include Deadliest Catch and Mythbusters.
ANSWER: Discovery Channel
 Cash Cab is nothing like this other Discovery Channel show that includes people like Hector Cisneros and Katie Burr. The program centers on brothers Brad and Barry Klinge, whose mission is to “visit the most haunted places in America, find evidence, and test new theories to probe the existence of the afterlife”.
ANSWER: Ghost Lab
12. He has done much since being the poster boy for truancy in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Name some more recent films that include Matthew Broderick FTPE:
 Broderick plays Leo Bloom alongside Nathan Lane in this 2005 adaptation of a 2001 Broadway musical. The two main figures search for “the worst play ever written” and stumble upon Franz Liebkind’s Springtime for Hitler.
ANSWER: The Producers
 In this 2006 comedy, Broderick plays eye doctor and Christmas expert Steve Finch. Steve becomes involved in a rivalry when a character played by Danny Devito moves next door and outdoes Steve with his intense display of Christmas lights.
ANSWER: Deck the Halls
 This 1999 Alexander Payne film stars Broderick as high school history teacher Jim McAllister. McAllister takes matters into his own hands when overachiever Tracy Flick, played by Reese Witherspoon, obtains a nomination for class president that he believes she does not deserve.
13. The original opening was used until 1999 and shows a cartoon butterfly transforming the surroundings of children doing the titular action into cartoon fantasylands. FTPE:
 Name this show that originally ran from 1983-2006, making it the third-longest running children’s series in PBS history.
ANSWER: Reading Rainbow
 Reading Rainbow was hosted by this actor, who is well remembered for playing Kunta Kinte on the miniseries Roots.
ANSWER: LeVar Burton or Levardis Robert Martyn Burton, Jr.
 LeVar Burton is also well known for playing this Chief Engineer on Star Trek: The Next Generation. This character wore a signature VISOR, which Burton found extremely unpleasant to wear.
ANSWER: Geordi La Forge (Accept either answer)
14. They made the AFC Championship game in two of their first five seasons, but have not made it back since 1999. FTPE:
 Name this AFC South team quarterbacked by David Garrard.
ANSWER: Jacksonville Jaguars (Accept either answer)
 The Jacksonville Jaguar’s first ever draft pick was this offensive tackle, who was a big part of the team’s success in the 90s. He played college football at USC and made five straight Pro Bowls from 1996-2000.
ANSWER: Don Anthony “Tony” Boselli, Jr.
 Another key player in Jaguars history is this running back out of the University of Florida, who played for the Jaguars from 1998-2008. He has over 11,000 career rushing yards and signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in 2009.
ANSWER: Frederick Antwon Taylor
15. It led to a spin-off called The Parkers and included actresses like Sheryl Lee Ralph and Countess Vaughn. FTPE:
 Name this sitcom that ran from 1996-2001 and starred R&B singer Brandy Norwood as the titular high school student.
 Brandy recorded this 1998 duet that appears on her album Never Say Never. This song contains the lyrics “you need to give it up, had about enough” and “I’m sorry that you seem to be confused”. It is a collaboration with the singer Monica.
ANSWER: “The Boy Is Mine”
 Brandy lent her voice to the character of Leah Estrogen in this 2001 film, in which Chris Rock voices the title character. Other stars that lent their voices to this film include Ron Howard and David Hyde Pierce.
ANSWER: Osmosis Jones
16. With events like Vert, Big Air, and Street there are so many possibilities. Name these skateboarders that have made a memorable impact on the X-Games FTPE:
 This athlete became the youngest X-Games gold medalist ever when he won the Skateboard Park event at the 2003 X-Games. He was also the star of an MTV reality show that ran from August 2007 to April 2009.
ANSWER: Ryan Allen Sheckler
 This skateboarder has won 9 X-Games gold medals and was the first person to ever successfully complete a “900”. You might also know him from his Pro Skater video game series.
ANSWER: Anthony Frank “Tony” Hawk
 This Brazilian skateboarder has won 5 X-Games gold medals including his most recent gold medal performance, a 2007 victory in Skateboard Big Air. One of his most notable performances was a victory in 2001’s vert contest, when he beat Bucky Lasek by scoring a 98 on the final run of the event.
ANSWER: Robert Dean Silva “Bob” Burnquist
17. Forbes listed him in tenth place on its list of the “Top-Earning Dead Celebrities” of 2009, and his first published novel was Odds On. FTPE:
 Name this author best known for his thrillers and science fiction works like Jurassic Park.
ANSWER: John Michael Crichton
 Crichton directed the 1978 suspense film Coma, which was based on a novel of the same name by this man. He is best known for incorporating medical writing into the thriller genre. His other novels include Sphinx, Godplayer, Mortal Fear, and Acceptable Risk.
ANSWER: Robin Cook
 One of Crichton’s major works is this 1969 techno-thriller novel that documents the efforts of scientists, who are investigating an extraterrestrial microorganism that quickly and fatally clots human blood and also has the capability to induce insanity in some people.
ANSWER: The Andromeda Strain
18. Korean pop artist SunMin covered this song for the album Cover Girl, and it appeared on the soundtrack to the animated film Shark Tale. FTPE:
 Name this disco hit by Cheryl Lynn that has the notable lyrics “You know that your love is my love, my love is your love, our love is here to stay”. The song mentions, “what you find”, “what you feel”, and “what you know” and comments on the genuine quality of a romantic connection.
ANSWER: “Got to Be Real”
 “Got to Be Real” was partially written by David Paich, who is one of the main members of this band that has released albums like Turn Back, Kingdom of Desire, and Tambu. They are well known for hits like “Rosanna” and “Africa”.
 Many have called “Got to Be Real” one of the defining moments of disco, but the song owes much of its success to the disco hits that preceded it such as this group’s “Rock the Boat”, which many consider to be the first disco record to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
ANSWER: Hues Corporation
19. Some of his early films include Trojan War and My Date with the President’s Daughter, and he has voiced Terry McGinnis in the animated series Batman Beyond. FTPE:
 Name this actor probably best known for playing Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World.
ANSWER: William Alan “Will” Friedle
 Friedle has also voiced this animated character from a Disney series from 2002-2007. This figure has a naked mole rat named Rufus and is the best friend of Kim Possible.
ANSWER: Ronald “Ron” Stoppable (Accept any of these answers)
 Other characters on Kim Possible include the Wego twins, who are voiced by this actor, probably best known for playing Kevin Arnold on The Wonder Years.
ANSWER: Fredrick Aaron “Fred” Savage
20. Websites like MyLifeAfter.com were launched to promote this film and to allow people to discuss its effect on their lives. FTPE:
 Name this 2004 film directed by Mel Gibson and starring James Caviezel that follows the final hours of the life of a certain religious figure.
ANSWER: The Passion of the Christ
 Another film that includes Jesus is this 1979 comedy directed by Terry Jones. It tells the story of a titular young Jewish man that is mistaken for the Messiah after being born on the same day as Jesus.
ANSWER: Monty Python’s Life of Brian
 One of the more notable actors to play Jesus in cinema is this man, who portrayed him in the 1961 film King of Kings. He also played Ed Miller in 1952’s Red Skies of Montana and Martin Pawley in The Searchers.
ANSWER: Jeffrey Hunter