Association, Correlation and Causality in Clinical Research By the end of this course, each participant will be able to:
• Describe the types of variables and confounders
• Calculate the strength of association between exposure and outcome [OR and RR]
• Determine how to evaluate the validity of association [chance, bias, confounding]
• Describe the process of hypothesis testing
• Define types of errors in research [type I (α) & type II (β) errors]
• Define the Power of a study and the factors affecting it.
• Identify the criteria of assessing causality