Multiple Choice 21. The key to effective project control is to measure _________________ and compare it to ____________ on a timely and regular basis and to take necessary corrective action immediately.
a. production quality, efficiency measures
25. The _________________ of completed activities will determine the earliest start and earliest finish times for the remaining activities in the network diagram, as well as the total slack.
a. actual finish times
27. The amount of ____________ should determine the priority with which concentrated efforts are applied.
a. baseline chart
b. workbreak down structure
c. time spent
28. It’s much wiser to take aggressive corrective action to reduce the durations of activities that will be done in the ____________ than to plan to reduce the durations of activities that are scheduled sometime in the ___________.
a. near term, future
29. When modifying a project schedule, usually ____________ activities present the opportunity for larger reductions.
c. near term
30. In most cases, eliminating negative slack by reducing durations of activities will involve a trade-off in the form of an increase in _______________ or a reduction in _____________.
a. production hours, budget
b. costs, scope
c. scope, costs
d. scope, production hours
31. The _____________ trade-off methodology is used to incrementally reduce the project duration with the smallest associated increase in incremental cost.
32. Each activity has two pairs of duration and cost estimates: ________ and ____________.
a. normal and crash