If an agency has delegated authority for a SUPERVISORY class or a position to be determined CONFIDENTIAL, MMB Labor Relations has to approve the bargaining unit and sends it to the Bureau of Mediation Services, hereinafter (BMS) for an Order. The audit request should consist of:
Job Audit Coversheet (name of Rep/Phone Number)
1. Send complete job audit packet to MMB Labor Relations. It is imperative that you write and check off in the box marked Delegated on the Job Audit Coversheet to ensure proper routing.
2. Labor Relations will approve the designation of the bargaining unit. If the determination is a CHANGE IN ALLOCATION or an INITIAL ALLOCATION, a Temporary Unit Assignment form (see page 69) is sent by Labor Relations to BMS, exclusive representative(s) and the Agency Labor Relations Liaison.
3. Attach the Notice of Temporary Unit Assignment to the Classification Notice. The date on the Classification Notice must coincide with the date of the Notice of Temporary Unit Assignment. You can appoint the person in the position and classification effective the date of the Notice of Temporary Unit Assignment.
MMB LABOR RELATIONS
4. If the determination is a REALLOCATION, a PETITION (see page 70) is sent by Labor Relations to BMS, exclusive representative(s) and the Agency Labor Relations Liaison. When Labor Relations receives the BMS UNIT CLARIFICATION ORDER, they will send a copy of the ORDER to the Agency Labor Relations Liaison.
5. The position and the person CANNOT be moved to the reallocated class until the DATE OF THE BMS ORDER (see Attachment E for an example).
MMB LABOR RELATIONS
6. Any movement from Middle Management to the Managers Plan does not require BMS approval but MMB Labor Relations is required to notify MMA of this movement.
MMB LABOR RELATIONS
7. Send completed audit package and BMS Posting Copy of the Order to MMB Human Resource Management.
Move occupied position out of 217 – no class change
Unclassified conversion out of 217
Reclassification of vacancy out of 217
* Temp (Temporary Unit Assignment): Date of temporary notice is the earliest effective date for changing class & unit of position; appointment to position may be effective on or after same date. Note: Exclusive representatives now have 20 (rather than 10) days to object.
Petition (BMS Petition): Date of BMS Order in response to petition is the earliest effective date for changing class & unit of position; appointment to position may be effective on or after same date.
By LRB: MMB Labor Relations Bureau will send MMA a copy of the audit coversheet, position description and organization chart (if available) for occupied or vacant positions moving from 216 to 220. Date of sign-off by Labor Relations is the earliest effective date for changing class & unit of position; appointment to position may be effective on or after same date.
Note: Appointment effective dates described above do not affect reallocation back pay eligibility.
** Including positions & employees moving into 216 from 220 (Managerial Plan).
4. Assignment made to unit: 5. Unit previously assigned to: 6. Class previously assigned to:
7. If this is a classification assignment to a supervisory unit, the residual unit assignment is:
8. Is the job spec., position description, organization chart, or other documentation attached? Yes No
9. Date notice of temporary assignment mailed to exclusive representatives of State bargaining units:
Notice of Exclusive Representatives
In accordance with BMS Policy No. 82-14-A, interested exclusive representatives may object to this temporary unit assignment within twenty (20) calendar days from the date indicated in Section No. 9 above.
If no objections are received within the twenty day time period provided, the Bureau of Mediation Services will issue an order approving the unit assignment.
If objections are received, the Bureau will schedule a hearing to be held during the following month. A detailed Notice of Hearing will be issued by the Bureau at least two weeks prior to the hearing date.
STATE OF MINNESOTA
DEPARTMENT OF MMB
Sent to: Bureau of Mediation Services
STATE OF MINNESOTA BUREAU OF MEDIATION SERVICES 1380 ENERGY LANE, #2, ST. PAUL, MN 55018
BMS Case No. __________________
File No. ________________________
PETITION FOR CLARIFICATION OR AMENDMENT OF APPROPRIATE UNIT A question concerning the description or composition of the appropriate unit has arisen between the parties listed herein. The undersigned petitioner(s) request that the Bureau of Mediation Services investigate the above referenced matter(s) and resolve such in accordance with applicable state law (M.S. 179 and 179A).
Name of Union: Phone: ( ) Address: Name of Representative: Phone: ( ) Address: Name of Employer: Phone: ( ) Address: Name of Representative: Phone: ( ) Address:
Names, addresses, and phone number of all other employee organizations having an interest in or claiming to represent any of the employees affected by this petition:
Nature of Employing County Hospital Retail Food/Groceries
Enterprise: Municipality Nursing Home Meat Processing