4. REPORT OF AUDITORS ACT 137. (1) The report by the auditors referred to in paragraph (c) of subsection (1) of section 128, shall
(a) consist of a report, addressed to the members of the company, by an auditor or auditors duly qualified and appointed as auditors of the company in accordance with sections 138 and 139 on
(i) the accounting records of the company, and
(ii) financial statements of the company as listed in subsection (5) of section 127 and the consolidated financial statements to be sent to the members and debenture holders of the company in accordance with sections 128 and 131; and
(b) contain statements as to the matters mentioned in the Seventh Schedule.
(2) Where, in the case of the accounts, any of the particulars required to be shown under sections 132 and 133 are not shown, the report, in addition to stating that the accounts do not give the information required by this Act, shall contain a statement giving the required particulars so far as the auditors are reasonably able to do so.
(3) The audit of the financial statements shall, in the case of a public or private company be carried out in compliance with international standards on auditing adopted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana and it shall be sufficient if the report of the auditor complies with those standards and accords with terminology approved by the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana.
(4) The report shall be open for inspection by a member or debenture holder of the company at the registered office of the company during usual business hours and shall be read at an annual
general meeting of the company held within three months after the report is sent to members and debenture holders in accordance with section 128.
5. QUALIFICATION OF AN AUDITOR ACT 138. (1) A person is qualified for appointment as an auditor of a private or public company, if that person is,
(a) qualified and licensed in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Act, 1963 (Act 170); and
(b) not disqualified under subsection (2).