|Fundamentals of Technology Study Guide
Objectives: 7.01 - 7.03 Spring 2012
1. The movement of people or goods from one place to another is the sole purpose of what system? (7.03)
2. Transportation system can be divided into four basic types. Which of the following is included in these types? (7.03)
3. A dirigible is which type of transportation vehicle? (7.03)
4. The movement of goods and people outside the earth's atmosphere is an example of which transportation type? (7.03)
5. A vessel is MOST commonly associated with which type of transportation? (7.03)
6. Which is NOT a common transportation subsystem of transportation vehicles? (7.03)
7. The system used to maintain vehicles and other transportation technologies is known as: (7.03)
8. The weight of a vehicle is supported by which vehicular subsystem? (7.03)
9. An accelerator for an automobile is a method to achieve what? (7.03)
10. What vehicular subsystem accommodates a vehicle's cargo and forms the basic framework of the vehicle? (7.03)
11. The vehicular subsystem that provides information concerning the control of a vehicle is known as the: (7.03)
A. Structural system.
B. Guidance system.
C. Propulsion system.
D. Support system.
12. Guidance systems provide a vehicle with information concerning: (7.03)
13. The direction of a vehicle is controlled by which vehicular subsystem? (7.03)
14. The successful transmission of information through a common system of symbols, signs, behavior, speech, and writing is known as: (7.01)
15. One reason that humans communicate is to: (7.01)
16. Textbooks are an example of using communication to: (7.01)
17. Magazine ads and television commercials are examples of what communication purpose? (7.01)
18. The use of traffic signals to direct and guide serves what purpose of communication? (7.01)
19. The first process of the communication system is: (7.01)
20. After a message has been received it must be: (7.01)
21. Messages can be retrieved from a: (7.01)
A. Decoding device.
B. Feedback station.
C. Storage media.
D. Transmission unit.
22. Which is the designer of the message? (7.01)
23. Which is a purpose of a communication system? (7.01)
24. The use of computers to convey information serves which purpose of communication systems? (7.01)
25. What best represents a receiver in the communication system model? (7.01)
A. Satellite dish
B. Satellite transmitter
C. Television station
D. Video card
26. Which is a communication system encoding device? (7.01)
C. Digital watch
D. Radio receiver
Share with your friends: