(Matthew 6:5) And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.
The attitude one puts up in requesting from God matters a lot. If attitude determines our altitude, then it is also right for us to say that our attitude will determine if our prayers will be answered or not. Please bear in mind that when praying, you must not pray to impress people. God only answers the prayer of the righteous man which is according to God’s will. Therefore, the following are some of the attitude that we should develop and exhibit when praying:
1. Believe: The most crucial attitude when going to God in prayer is believe, you must believe that He is able to do all things that you ask of Him.
2. Be bold (no Fears): Fear is a negative attitude that hinders answers to prayers. You must put fear aside if you want God to hear your prayers. You have to be bold and specific in making your request known to Him in the place of prayer.
3. Faith: God is not interested in the prayers of a doubtful man. Anyone operating in a double mind is only elongating the waiting period of receiving answers to his or her prayers. We must make our request known to Him in faith. God is not moved by your tear, but by your faith.
4. Persistence: In James 5:16, we are told that the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much. We must keep asking and knocking until we receive answers to our prayers.
5. Right Motives: - we must learn to ask God with the right intentions in our heart otherwise we will be asking amiss and God will not answer us (see James 4:1-3).
6. Thanksgiving: We are to make our request known to God in thanksgiving as stated in Philippians 4:6
Beloved, the year is still brand new and we need Him who knows the end from the beginning to guide and direct us in all that we do. How long will you continue to rush out each day in a prayerless manner? Are you not tired? Change that attitude this year, and you will see changes. I see God granting you your hearts desires speedily in Jesus Christ name, Amen.