I am an experienced AP who is hard working, versatile and good with people. I have experience of people finding, working with children, setting up shoots, both in the UK and abroad (current I-visa), and working in development. I have specialist knowledge of science, natural history and medicine.
ASSISTANT PRODUCER (Oct-Nov 14) Nerd TV (‘Idiot Proof’– Channel 4 & National Geographic)
- Working on a new stunt show which looks at crazy stunts posted on the internet and uses science and
engineering to cross-examine and re-create the clips.
- Setting up shoots, location finding, liaising with engineer and exploring the science of stunts.
ASSISTANT PRODUCER (July-Sept 14) J & E Higham
- Setting up shoots, including drama reconstruction within a tight budget.
- Working closely to support the edit, including sourcing archive and stills, and post-production paperwork.
ASSISTANT PRODUCER (Apr-July 11) Oxford Scientific Films (‘Fatal Attractions’ – Animal Planet)
- Series about people who are drawn to keeping exotic and dangerous animals with fatal consequences.
- Researching sensitive stories, finding contributors, arranging shoot in the USA, which included drama recon. - Archive research and clearance.
RESEARCHER (Sept 10-Apr 11) Atlantic Productions (‘The Penguin King 3D’ - Sky)
- Sole Researcher on 3D film about penguins, narrated by David Attenborough.
- Key scientific research into the wildlife & environment of South Georgia island, particularly King penguins.
- Identifying and liaising with key scientists & working closely with scriptwriter, including suggesting storylines.
- Assisting with logistics & set up of a 5-month shoot to the sub-Antarctic island of South Georgia.
DEVELOPMENT (Aug-Sept 10) Aquila Films
- Researching, developing narratives, writing up treatments & coming up with titles for various series ideas.
- Extensive contributor & location finding, negotiating filming access & building relationships with key players.
RESEARCHER (July-Aug 10) Splash Media (‘A Farmers Life for Me’ – BBC2)
- New observational/formatted reality series in which couples compete to win a farm.
- Task researcher; sourcing locations, props, contributors, animals and setting up shoots.
RESEARCHER (May-July 10) BBC (‘Live ‘N’ Deadly’ – CBBC)
- Researching and setting up shoots for new children’s wildlife/adventure road show.
- Coming up with ideas for shoots, sourcing locations, contributors and organising complicated shoots with children, presenter, wildlife and adventure sports. Also researching and sourcing archive.
DEVELOPMENT (March-May 10) Twig World
- Coming up with film ideas and writing narratives for short form content.
- Researching national curriculums and developing science script notes including topics on cells, genetics,
evolution, plants, ecosystems, weather and geology.
PRODUCER/DIRECTOR (Oct 09-March 10) A Rocha UK
- Overseeing the production of educational short films for a conservation charity.