10. I ________ in a hurry. My friends ________ for me.
a) am / were waiting b) am / waited c) am / waiting d) am / are waiting e) am / had wait
11. I ________ ice cream now.
a) don’t eat b) am eating c) am not eating d) am not eat e) am not ate
12. Look! His grandfather ________ to rock ‘n’ rol music. That ________ strange.
a) is listening / is b) is listening / are c) is listening / were
d) is listening / is e) was listened / was
13. It is ten o’clock. We ______ _____ a dictation.
a) will / have b) are / had c) are / having d) are / has e) are / had had
14. I ________ an English exercises at this time yesterday.
a) is writing b) are writing c) was writing d) was written e) was wrote
15. She ________ the whole evening yesterday.
a) is read b) was read c) are read d) was reading e) does read
16. I ________ my homework when mother came home.
a) was do b) was doing c) was done d) am doing e) have doing
17. I ________ the piano at four o’clock yesterday.
a) was playing b) didn’t play c) am not playing d) had not play e) wasn’t playing