Welcome to Dubai New Staff Induction Handbook

Download 1.06 Mb.
Size1.06 Mb.
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Ambulance 999/998
Fire 999/997
Police 999

In the event of a severe medical emergency, you should report to your nearest hospital – wherever you are at the time.

Dubai Vaccinations
Generally for children the same schedule of inoculations exists here as they do in Europe. A BCG is required by law, as so many people here are coming from countries where TB is prevalent. The UAE was declared officially free of malaria by the World Health Organisation in 2007. 

3. How to transfer an existing Driving Licence

for a UAE Licence

The countries from which citizens can transfer their driving licenses are given below:

Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.
Please note that a few of these countries require additional documentation:

  • Canada: A letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine is required, before transferring your license.

  • Driving license holders from Greece, Canada, Cyprus, Poland, Turkey, Japan & South Korea will require a translation of their driving license from their respective consulates.

What you need:

  • Passport sized photographs (at least 2)

  • Your UK (or other approved countries) driving licence including paper copy (sometimes the paper copy is not asked for but sometimes it is! Bring it just in case.)

  • Eye test certificate (from UAE)

  • No objection letter from your sponsor (will receive this from admin’ at school).

  • Passport and copy of passport

  • Visa residence stamp in passport and copy of page

  • They do have a photocopier there if you forget!

Firstly, you must obtain your residency ID card which will come through after your visa application is complete.
You can drive hire cars without a UAE licence while you are waiting for the above process to be complete. However, as soon as this has all gone through hire companies will not hire cars without a UAE licence.
You can obtain your eye test certificate from opticians in the Mall Of The Emirates (please take two passport sized photo to be stamped). There is a small fee of around 100AED (approximately £20)
Carry all documents mentioned above and go to Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) office for licencing from 8.00am to 2.30pm on a working day. There are a few offices close by so best check which one is best to you from other staff.
Fill in application form that you will receive there and submit all documents to the officer.

Take signed documents from officer and pay around AED 360 to AED 400 to the cashier. Then your name will be called out and your photograph taken. A few minutes later, you will receive your license.
Before you leave, I would recommend that you check that all the data on the card is correct e.g. the spelling of your names.
Take a book! This can be a very quick or a lengthy process depending on the day or time.
Happy driving!

Download 1.06 Mb.

Share with your friends:
1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

The database is protected by copyright ©ininet.org 2022
send message

    Main page