some sort of contest when our members use the site
“no dumb questions” sessions
WEBSITE Ours snap pictures of our airport destinations : upload to our website
other websites like Weathermeister, AOPA safety courses
your flying plans and invitation Invitation for others to join or meet at the destination: members’ only section have a forum announcing for others to join or meet at the destination. invitation for others to join or meet at the destination
At the January meeting we had a discussion on the plastic certificate regarding English proficiency and social security number. I hope the following answers the questions. http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/certificate_replacement/
“At the same time you are requesting the plastic certificate don't forget to get the "English Proficient" statement put on it. You may not be planning to fly internationally, but at least you have it on your certificate if you do so later.” Ellen Nobles-Harris, Del Chptr-FAASTeam Rep
HAWAII 2010 2010 is definitely here and it is time to start making your plans for attending this year's International Conference on the Big Island of Hawaii in July (5th through 9th). The upcoming issue of the 99 News will have the schedule, printed registration form, and further information. The website for the Conference is www.ninetynines.net/hawaii2010.
Any changes, announcements, etc. will be posted on the 99s E-mail forum, so be sure that everyone that you know who is going or planning to go has joined that forum. The following are some changes you might not be aware of:
1) There has been an additional room category added -- Partial Ocean View. This makes four different categories you can sign up for: Mountain/Garden View @$179/nt, Partial Ocean View @$189/nt, Ocean View @$220/nt, and Ocean Front @$230/nt.
2) There have been some added tours: Flightseeing, either by helicopter or by Cessna Caravan, the Atlantis Submarine Dive, and Scuba Diving.
3) Due to some rearranging of events, there have been some changes in the timing of tours. You will be contacted if that impacts tours that you are already signed up for. The schedules on the website and the one that will be printed in the upcoming issue of the 99 News are correct.
4) There is a new tour, the Circle Island Bus Tour, for those returning from the Post-Conference Cruise on NCL's Pride of America (benefiting the Museum of Women Pilots). It will take place on the day of the return, July 17th, for those who have a later departing flight.
5) There is a new 4-page brochure on the website that gives an overview of the Conference. It can be printed out and distributed to Chapter members to encourage them to sign up. Please remind them that the last day for early-bird registration is March 10th.
6) If you are staying over at the Sheraton Keauhou Bay the Saturday night before or after the Conference, you will automatically be entered into a drawing for a complimentary dinner for two at their Kai Restaurant’s Saturday night Prime Rib Buffet. Two such prizes will be awarded. The drawing will take place on March 10th, so be sure to make your hotel reservations with Travel Planners Inc. by that date.
Feel free to e-mail us (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us (Martha: 805-498-9852 or Carol: 805-379-0793) with any questions.
“The weather is fine and dandy in AZ. Jan.30, is a poker run here at Lake Havasu. It will be fun! Come on down. On March 27, there is a short air race. It should be fun also. The weather is something to brag about. Love you all, Anita”
From the Santa Rosa 99s:
The recommend seeing the movie “Flyabout”. Synopsis of the film:
Flyabout tells the autobiographical story of Monika Petrillo's journey piloting a small single-engine airplane around the continent of Australia. Her father, a pilot with limited experience himself, is riding shotgun. As the only woman pilot in a group of eleven people, Monika sets out to experience the true freedom of flight above one of the most untouched places on earth. The idea of the Walkabout, a spiritual journey Aborigines have valued for thousands of years, further inspires her to seek an elusive spiritual experience herself. However, a tight schedule; mechanical failures; sudden loss of visibility; and unpredictable crosswinds keep her both too busy and too uptight. But what impacts her most is the unexpected conflict that arises between her father and herself.
Film duration: 74 min
Are your Member Dues current?
Pay your dues if you haven’t for this year! Send your $10 (checks made out to Idaho Ninety-Nines) to our new treasurer:
Treasurer: Lois Chattin
5080 N. Wildrye Dr.
Boise, ID 83703
➢ OUR WEBSITE
➢ Fancy Props NW Section 99s
www.nw99s.org Check out this site for the most recent news and newsletter of this section.
➢ Doris Lockness
http://email@example.comWoman celebrates 100th birthday flying a helicopter