|2017 VACATION DESCRIPTIONS
1. FLORIDA TWINS SPRING TRAINING: Let’s get out of the cold and fly to Florida and cheer for the Minnesota Twins! This “warm” vacation will include going to two Minnesota Twin’s games in the Fort Meyers Area and also taking an exciting airboat ride at the Everglades.
2. FLORIDA TWINS/BUSCH GARDENS: Attention Twin’s Fans, you will be at Fort Meyers where you can cheer for the Twins at two Spring Training Games, take an exciting air boat ride at the Everglades, and spend a day at Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is an African-themed animal park located in Tampa. It has thrill rides and regular rides, animals, live entertainment and many shows to choose from.
3. LAS VEGAS/HOOVER DAM: Hoover Dam is one of America’s most spectacular feats of engineering. We will spend a day visiting Hoover Dam. Las Vegas is known as the Entertainment Capitol of the World! The city is situated on the floor of the Mojave Desert and is surrounded by mountain ranges on all sides. The group will stay at a casino hotel, take in a Vegas show, eat at a buffet, tour “the strip” and try our luck at gambling.
4. CALIFORNIA CRUISIN’: Enjoy a fun-filled day at Disneyland, stroll down the Hollywood Walk of Fame, explore Universal Studios and shop at the attraction’s gift shops. In the idyllic weather of San Diego you will tour the world-famous San Diego Zoo, and spend a day at Sea World.
5. ULTIMATE DISNEY PARKS: There are four Disney Parks: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot and we will go to three of them. Each of the three days will leave us with magical memories! On this trip you will experience Disney Magic times 3! You may find a bargain when we visit one of Florida’s famous flea markets.
6. WASHINGTON DC: We will view the White House at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Our tour includes many of the area’s government buildings including the US Capitol Building, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Civil War Museum, and Civil War Battlefields.
7. SPRING IN NEW YORK: Activities at the “Big Apple” will include eating a New York Style Pizza, taking in a broadway show, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, a bus tour of the city that includes the 911 Memorial and your hotel will be near Time’s Square.
8. DISNEY FANTASY CRUISE: An unforgettable adventure awaits you when you sail the Disney ship Fantasy. You’ll discover how relaxing, entertaining and just plain fun a week really can be. Disney Fantasy leaves from Port Canaveral (Orlando) for a Western Caribbean cruise and ports of call are Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth Jamaica and Castaway Cay. Disney Character Greetings occur throughout the Disney Fantasy and the theaters offer original Disney musicals and family-friendly variety acts.
9. CARNIVAL MAGIC CRUISE: The islands on this cruise are blessed with unsurpassed natural beauty! Grand Turk is the capital and largest island of the Turks and Caicos. This is where Christopher Columbus first made landfall on his initial voyage to the New World in 1492. Carnival Magic leaves from Port Canaveral (Orlando) for an Eastern Caribbean cruise and ports of call are Amber Cove, Dominican Republic, St Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk. Join us on this magical cruise for your chance to see and explore the wonderful ports of call. The ship has nightly entertainment including dancing, shows, a casino, and excellent dining!
10. WISCONSIN DELLS: At Wisconsin Dells we will visit the Timbavati Wildlife Park where we can feed the animals and ride the wildlife train. We will see the famous Tommy Bartlett Water Ski Show, go shopping, go on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Lost Canyon, visit Circus World Museum and ride the Wisconsin Duck Boats. The duck boats travel on land and on water. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit – our motel has an indoor water park!
11. BRANSON: The Branson Belle paddlewheel boat cruises the tranquil waters of Table Rock Lake. This is the largest ship to be built on a land-locked lake in the US. The Branson Belle is well known for a delicious meal and fine entertainment including music, comedy and magic! The Haygoods Show will be included on this vacation and two other Branson Shows. If you enjoy music with live performers, this is the vacation for you!
12. DENVER COLORADO: Denver is known as the Mile High City and is located at the base of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Lookout Mountain is where Buffalo Bill’s Museum and Grave are located. The museum contains memorabilia from Buffalo Bill’s life and Wild West Shows. Denver is also famous for Coors Beer and we will do the Coors Brewery Tour. Other activities will include the Denver Botanic Gardens, Rocky Mountain National Park, riding the rails at the Georgetown Loop Railroad and lunch at the Casa Bonita Restaurant.
13. ROUGH RIDER’S RODEO: Calling all cowboys and cowgirls – join us for the World’s Championship Hamel Rodeo Bull Ridin’ Bonzana!! The rodeo events will include: bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, tie down roping, steer wrestling, team roping, ladies barrel racing and the bull ridin’ bonanza, plus world champion specialty act John Harrison. This vacation includes VIP Rodeo tickets for the Friday night rodeo and the Saturday afternoon rodeo. VIP tickets provide an exclusive seating area with great seats and access to the observation deck right over the bucking chutes. OTBP vehicles are allowed to park next to the VIP area so there is very little walking involved. There will be group choices for other activities to round out this vacation.
14. MINNESOTA FISHING: (Resort accommodations at the beautiful McQuoids Inn on Lake Mille Lac) Fish for the “Big One” on Mille Lac Lake, the premier walleye fishery in the world. Enjoy two evenings on a professionally guided launch, and then back to the cabin to exchange stories around the campfire. MN residents bring your lifetime fishing license; nonresident license will be provided for anglers. We will go to a casino and enjoy a casino buffet and visit the Mille Lacs Indian Museum.
15. DULUTH /LAKE SUPERIOR/APOSTLE ISLANDS: If you’re a train enthusiast, you’ll enjoy the Lake Superior Railroad Museum. This museum houses the finest collection of railroad equipment in the entire country, with interactive exhibits as well as history from the region. Other highlights of this vacation include the Maritime Visitor Center, the aerial lift bridge, Canal Park, and a harbor dinner excursion on the Vista Queen Boat. We’ll visit Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Light House and take a ferryboat from Bayfield WI to Madeline Island and explore the island.
2017 VACATION DESCRIPTIONS
16. NASCAR MICHIGAN: Vroom Vroom!! This NASCAR vacation has the action and excitement of two races: Saturday Nationwide Series, and the Sunday Sprint Cup Series NASCAR race. Visit the NASCAR drivers, view the cars and walk on pit row and the racetrack with your “Pit Pass” and shop for official NASCAR apparel and souvenirs.
17. WISCONSIN DELLS: At Wisconsin Dells we will visit the Timbavati Wildlife Park where we can feed the animals and ride the wildlife train, go to the Tommy Bartlett Show, shop for souvenirs, go on a horse-drawn carriage ride thru Lost Canyon, visit Circus World Museum, and ride the WI Duck Boats! Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit – our motel has an indoor water park!
18. ALASKAN CRUISE: If you’re looking for a cruise vacation that’s a little bit out of the way and a little bit out of the ordinary, make going on this vacation your first choice! On this cruise you’ll find not only quaint towns and scenic vistas, but also the best of nature – including fjords, wildlife and mountains galore. We will fly to Seattle and board the Carnival “Legend”. Ports of call are: Tracy Arm Fjord, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria British Columbia Canada. The ship has nightly entertainment including dancing, shows, a casino, and excellent dining!
19. SAN DIEGO (GOLD & PLATINUM ONLY): This exclusive vacation is geared to our 1:5, 1:6 staff consumer ratio travelers. We will take a 3 hour San Diego Harbor night cruise that includes a gourmet dinner and live entertainment while viewing San Diego’s glistening skyline. We will tour the most popular naval ship museum in the world – the USS Midway Museum at Navy Pier. This ship has numerous restored aircraft on the flight deck and many other interesting areas on the ship to check out. The San Diego Zoo is famous for having over 4,000 animals and 100 acres. The zoo has a bus tour of the park and also a Skyfari Gondola Ride. We will spend a day at Sea World and have a picnic at a Pacific Ocean Beach and go shopping at Sea Port Village.
20. BLACK HILLS: Activities include driving thru the Bad Lands and a stop at Mount Rushmore, a visit to Bear Country, outings at Crazy Horse Memorial, Reptile Gardens, and shopping and lunch at Wall Drug. Take a driving tour through Custer National Park, including scenic Needles Highway and the Pigtail Loop Highway.
21. BLACK HILLS/YELLOWSTONE: Visit the attractions in the Black Hills, including the Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore, Bear Country and a stop to shop at Wall Drug. Then it’s westward, spending 2 days at picturesque Yellowstone National Park.
22. MEMPHIS/NASHVILLE: See the Country Music Hall of Fame and become part of the audience for a live broadcast of the Grand Ole Opry. Experience a dinner cruise aboard the General Jackson Show Boat while cruising along the Cumberland River. In Memphis, tour Graceland where Elvis lived, see his auto collection, walk thru his two airplanes and view his gravesite.
23. ISLAND HOP HAWAII CRUISE: Spend eight days on the Norwegian Cruise Ship, “Pride of America” and visit ports of call: Maui, Kauai, Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii! You will discover cascading waterfalls, active volcanoes, black, green, and white sand beaches, historic sites and unspoiled nature. There will be plenty of activities on the ship and also classes on making beautiful flower leis. Experience excellent dining, dancing, and nightly entertainment while cruising on this luxurious ocean liner.
24. NASCAR TEXAS: Texas Motor Speedway is located at Fort Worth Texas and this NASCAR vacation has the action and excitement of qualifying and two races: Saturday Nationwide Series, and the Sunday Sprint Cup Series NASCAR race. Visit the NASCAR drivers, view the cars and walk on pit row and the racetrack with your “Pit Pass” and shop for official NASCAR apparel and souvenirs. We will look rather “sporty” on our flight back to Minnesota wearing our NASCAR shirts and jackets.
25. UTAH ANIMAL SANCTUARY: If you enjoy spending time with animals, we have the perfect vacation for you! The Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is located in Kanab Utah and houses 1600 animals. We will stay at the cottages at the sanctuary and during the day we can volunteer to love and care for the animals. The dogs love to go for walks and the cats enjoy rides in strollers and there are some cats that will take you for a walk! Other animals include pigs, birds, horses and bunnies. The sanctuary is in gorgeous Angel Canyon so you will have spectacular scenery while interacting with the animals. An animal sleepover can be arranged and your favorite cat or dog can spend the night with you at your cottage.
26. CARNIVAL SUNSHINE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE: The Beach Boys have a song about Aruba and this is your chance to go to that island! Aruba and Bonaire are two of the three ABC Islands that are part of the Netherlands. These islands are blessed with unsurpassed natural beauty! Grand Turk is the capital and largest island of the Turks and Caicos. This is where Christopher Columbus first made landfall on his initial voyage to the New World in 1492. Carnival Sunshine leaves from Port Canaveral (Orlando) and ports of call are Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk. The excellent dining, dancing, casino action and nightly entertainment will amaze you.
27. CHRISTMAS IN BRANSON: There will be four shows including the Dixie Stampede Dinner Show. Driving through a huge Christmas light display and shopping will round out our activities!
28. FLORIDA DISNEY/UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CHRISTMAS: This exciting vacation includes three days at three parks! Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and group choice for one of the Disney Parks (Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Hollywood Studios). Any Harry Potter fans?
29. CHRISTMAS IN MN: Celebrate the season with your Off the Beaten Path Family. Swim in an indoor pool and soak in the hot tub, enjoy a special Christmas Dinner, gamble at a casino, take in a movie, and get Christmas gifts from Off The Beaten Path. This vacation is more relaxed and slow paced compared to other vacations.
30. WWE: Cheer your favorite wrestlers live at a nationally televised WWE Event. Date and location will be announced when a schedule is available from WWE.
Share with your friends: