1. Bates, A. W. "The Planning and Management of Audio Visual Media in Distance Learning Institutions." Milton Keynes, England: Institute of Educational Technology, Open University, 1980.
2. Bynner, John. "Collaborative schemes and the ethos of distance education: A study of Australian and New Zealand universities." Higher Education, 14 (1985), pp. 513-533.
3. Canadian University Distance Education Directory, 1985. Published by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.
4. Carefoot, James. "The Birth of a Western Canadian Committee on University Distance Education," Regina, November, 1982.
5. Commonwealth Meeting of Specialists: The Distance Teaching in Higher Education, Cambridge, England, 6-11 January 1985 - final report. See especially pages 13 and 14.
6. Community Consortia in Alberta. Published by Alberta Advanced Education, Program Planning and Development, Edmonton, Alberta, November, 1985.
7. Daniel, J. S.Personal letters, dated 2 June and 30 June, 1986.
8. Daniel, J. S., and W.A.S. Smith. "Open Universities: The Canadian Experience." Canadian Journal of Higher Education, Vol. 9-2, 1979, pp. 63-74.
9. Daniel, John S. "Issues and Concerns in Distance Education." Paper presented to the University of Guelph Conference on The Practice of Distance Education: Issues and Concerns. Guelph, Ontario, October 7-9, 1985.
10. Development Forum, June, 1986, p. 1.
11. "Distance and Open Learning in the Commonwealth: Plans for Cooperation," A discussion paper for the Commonwealth Secretariat Education Program meeting of 3 March, 1986.
12. Distance Education Systems in a Number of Countries. Excerpt from the September, 1975 report of the Swedish Governmental Commission on Television and Radio Education, "The TRU Commission."
13. Distance Education in the Canadian North: An Annotated Bibliography, published for the Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies, September, 1984.
14. "DISTED Services, an organization dedicated to bringing higher education to all Malaysians - an Open and Distance Learning Program."
15. Grimwade, A. E. "An International Structure for Distance Education." Bulletin of the International council for Distance Education, Vol. 1, January , 19839 pp. 20-33. 1
16. Guidelines for Educational Consortia. Alberta Advanced Education and Manpower, Edmonton,.Alberta. Undated.
17. Jevons, Fred R. "Southern Africa distance education project." Discussion paper no. 4, March, 1986, pp. 1-23.
18. Jevons, F. B. "How Different is the Distance Education Student"? Paper 20, Open University Conference on the Education of Adults At a Distance. Birmingham, England, 1979.
19. Jevons, F. R. "Dual mode institutions - The way forward." Appendix B to Southern Africa Distance Education Project, Discussion paper 4, February, 1986.
20. Kaye, A., and G. Rumble. "Analyzing Distance Learning Systems". Paper 53, Open University Conference on the Education of Adults at a Distance. Birmingham, England, 1979.
21. Konrad, Abram, G. and James M. Small. "Consortia in Canadian Distance Education." In Mugridge, Ian, and David Kaufman (Editors). Distance Education in Canada. London: Croom Helm, 1986, pp. 111-12O.-
22. Lorente, J. L. "Permanent Education Through Distance Learning." Paper 49, Open University Conference on the Education of Adults at a Distance. Birmingham, England, 1979.
23. McNeil, Donald R. and N. Wall. "The University of Mid-America: An analytic perspective." The Bulletin of the International Council for Distance Education, Vol. 2, May, 1983, pp. 34-41.
24. Millett, J. D. New Structures of Campus Power: Success and Failures of Emerging Forms of Institutional Governance. San Francisco, Jossey-Bass, 1978.
25. Mugridge, Ian. "Consortia in Distance Education: Some Canadian Ventures." Open Campus, vol. 8, 1983, pp. 22-29.
26. Mugridge I. Personal letter, dated 15 June, 1986.
28. Nicolini, L. "Capricorn Interuniversity Teleducation Program." Paper 39, Open University Conference on the Education of Adults at a Distance, Birmingham, England, 1979.
29. Note of meeting on "Cooperation in Distance and Open Learning in the Commonwealth." Marlborough House, London, 3 March -1986, especially page 2.
30. Offerman, Michael J. "The Pitfalls of Cooperation." The Council for Interinstitutional Leadership Newsletter. (No date given. Copies can be obtained from the Editor, Council for Interinstitutional Leadership, I Dupont Circle, Suite 829, Washington, D.C., 20036-1193. (A shorter version of 'this study also appeared as Vol. 5, no. 7, of the April 14, 1986 edition of Administrator, The Management Newsletter for Higher Education.
31. Perry, W. The open University: History and Evaluation of a Dynamic Innovation in Higher Education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1977.
32. Smith, W.A.S. and Martha Stroud. "Distance education and new communication technologies." In C. Knapper (editor). New Directions for Teaching and Learning: Expanding Learning through New Communications TechnolM, no. 9, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, March, 1982, pp. 5-22.
33. Smith, W.A. S. and B.L Snowden. "A Review of Distance Education in Ontario Universities." Report published by the Council of Ontario Universities, April, 1983, 134 pages.
34. Smith, W.A.S., John S. Daniel, and Barry L. Snowden. "University Distance Education in Canada." Presented to a joint meeting of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and the American Council on Education, Toronto, October, 1983 and published in the Canadian Journal of Higher Education.
35. Swift, D. Paper on the "Global Village" presented to May, 1986 Conference hosted by the Open Learning Institute of British Columbia.
36. Summary of discussions from "A Symposium on New Forms of Higher Education in Europe," January 13-15, 1976, Bucharest.
37. Terms of reference, background papers, information provided by the Commonwealth Secretariat in private communication, dated 1 May, 1986 in particular the terms of reference for the proposed paper entitled, "Models of Interinstitutional Cooperation."
38. Wiedhaup, Conrad. "European Cooperation in Home Study." The Bulletin of the International Council for Distance Education, Vol. 2. May, 1983, pp. 30-33.