MAIN OBJECTIVE: Sells/leases new and used vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valid Drivers’ License
Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Must maintain condition of insurability through our current liability insurance carrier
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Excellent communication and human relations skills
Turns 100 % of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
Work the “Adopt A Car” program to all its standards.
Follows up on all post delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes”, and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
Maintains a prospect development system.
Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
Maintains facilities and equipment, ensuring cleanliness and safety.
Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect the Sales department operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc…
Additional Responsibilities and Performance Standards:
Maintains a professional appearance.
Attends departmental meetings.
Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with all company policies and guidelines as written in our company handbook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will spend eight hours or more a day moving throughout the Sales department. Will work inside and outside all day, standing about 95% of the time and sitting at a desk the other 5% of the time. Will also operate telephone; fax machine, and copy machine. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion. Required to work evenings and weekends. The physical demands described here, and throughout this job description, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Will walk through office, showroom, and shop areas and may encounter slippery floors, hazardous fumes, noise, dust and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The work environment characteristics described, here and throughout this job description, are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
I acknowledge that I have received a copy of this job description and have carefully read and understand its contents. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the dealership has a similar right.