SUBJECT: DYEING AND BLEACHING CLASS: SS 1 TIME: 2½ HRS
1. Shading and tinting of colours are best done with _____ (a) Black and Blue (b) Black and red (c) Black and White (d) Black and yellow.
2. Violet colour symbolizes _____ (a) Royalty (b) Death (c) Peace (d) Love.
3. White colour can be used as a symbol of _____ (a) Peace (b) Royalty (c) Love (d) Death.
4. Colours of the spectrum are _____ (a) 8 (b) 7 (c) 6 (d) 5.
5. The scientist who discover colour is called ____ (a) Sir Robert Holland (b) Sir Isaac James (c) Sir Isaac Newton (d) Sir Robert James.
6. The neutral colours are _____ and ____ (a) Yellow and blue (b) Red and yellow (c) Purple and black (d) Black and White.
7. Another name for primary colour is ____ (a) First colour (b) Binary (c) Basic (d) Quality.
8. Another name for secondary colour is _____ (a) second colour (b) first colour (c) Binary (d) Basic.
9. Which of the following colour can be used to change a yellow fabric to green? (a) Red dye (b) Blue dye (c) Purple dye (d) Orange dye.
10. A one colour scheme is otherwise known as _____ (a) Neutral (b) Monochrome (c) Triad (d) Local.
11. A unit of colour that is repeated to form a pattern is called ____ (a) Motif (b) Pattern (c) Logo (d) design.
12. Colours that agree with one another when put into use is called ____ (a) Warm (b) Cool (c) Tertiary (d) Harmonious colour.
13. Another name for colour is _____ (a) Value (b) Hue (c) Polychrome (d) Chroma.
14. The use of more than one colour in painting is called _____ (a) Monochrome (b) Triad (c) Polychrome (d) Harmonious.
15. Motifs formed from Nature are as follows except ____ (a) Flower (b) Plants (c) Birds (d( Metal gong.
16. In tie and dye, squeezing and tieing into ball shapes l before applying dye is called ____ (a) Marbling (b) Pleating (c) Circle (d) Clumbing.
17. Applying dye on a fabric without any particular design is called ____ (a) Twisting (b) Batik (c) Marbling (d) Plain dyeing.
18. Addition of white to red colour will produce _____ (a) pink (b) Ash (c) Orange (d) Lemon green.
19. Addition of a little black to blue will result into _____ (a) Green (b) Brown (c) Ash (d) Navy blue.
SECTION B (THEORY)
1. Define Colour.
b. State four (4) classes of colour apart from primary and secondary colour.
2. What is Motif?
b. Mention four (4) ways in which a Motif can be formulated.
3. What is pattern?
b. State four (4) types of pattern.
4. Mention five (5) uses of colour.