87.How many terms can someone serve as Lieutenant Governor?
88. How many counties does Georgia have?
89. This Atlanta Pharmacist is credited with creating Coca Cola.
90. This druggist bought the rights to Coca Cola and is credited with turning it into a world wide product.
91. This aviation company moved to Atlanta in 1941 and is the world’s largest commercial passenger carrier.
92. Established in Augusta in 1927, it grew in providing wood and now is one of the leading paper product providers in the nation.
93. This Do It Yourself company was founded by Arthur Blank, the current owner of the Atlanta Falcons.
94. Created by local governments this group provides one service only- an example is a school board.
95. If the city and county merge into a single government what is it called?
96. This black educator was President of Morehouse and started the first graduate programs for blacks.
97. This woman was married to John Hope and was a social activist and worked to improve conditions in the poor sections of Atanta.
98. This man was President of a university and was willing to accept segregation in the short term in exchange for economic freedom.
99. The first black to obtain a PHD from Harvard, this man believed in a liberal arts education for blacks and expected economic freedom immediately.
100. This black female was one of the founders of the NAACP, worked for voting rights for females, and wrote newspaper articles about lynchings in the south.
101. This court case legalized segregation and is known for Separate but Equal.
102. This court case overturned Separate but Equal
103. In response to Brown v BOE the Georgia General Assembly did what?
104. What two things did the Sibley Commission recommend about segregation
105. What two students were the first blacks to enroll in the University of Georgia
106. What organization did Martin Luther King Jr create
107. What student organization was created in the 1960s to challenge segregation and to improve voter registration for minorities
108. What President and what law ended segregation in the US
109. What segregationist governor is known for appointing more blacks to government positions than any governor before him
110. Who is the only President to be born in Georgia
111.What was one success and failure for President Carter
112. What are the four parts of the transportation infrastructure and how do they work together
113. If I wanted to know what my rights are where would I look
114. What is the purpose of the US Bill of rights
115. What Georgians signed the US Constitution and what did they both do at the Convention
116. What are two weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation
117. What Georgia governor cost Georgia colleges their accreditation
118. What Georgia governor restored Georgia college accreditation
119. Who are the three men that are the Three Governor’s Controversy and explain what happened and how did it end.
120. What Georgia Congressman served 40 years and was a big supporter of the US Navy, helped obtain military bases for Georgia during WW2, and had an aircraft carrier named after him.
121. Who was the Georgia politician who was known as the friend of the farmer, as a Congressman helped pass the law creating rural mail delivery, and became an outspoken racist in his old age.
122. To What political party did Tom Watson belong?
123. What is the name for the election process that was used until 1961 where small counties had more political power than large counties.
124. After the US Supreme Court declared the county unit system illegal Georgia had to redraw
125. Which Georgia female was the first female US Senator if only for 1 day.
126. What President favored and enforced the Indian Removal Act against the Cherokees.
127. What Chief Justice ruled in Worcester v. GA that the Cherokees did not have to relocate
128. What Supreme Court case established the concept of judicial review
129. After the Federal Government stepped in and settled the Yazoo Land fraud, what became the new western border of Georgia.
130. The Proclamation of 1763 banned migration past what geographical feature
131. Who were the three Royal Governors of Georgia
132. Who was the female interpreter for Oglethorpe
133. Sherman wanted Atlanta because it was a transportation?
134. What Atlanta mayor is known for bringing 3 professional sports teams to Atlanta
135. Who was the longest serving mayor of Atlanta known for bringing highways, interstates, and aviation to Atlanta
136. Who was the first black mayor of Atlanta
137. Who did Jimmy Carter appoint to be the US Ambassador to the United Nations?
138. When the Georgia Convention met to consider how to vote on the Compromise of 1850 what was the result called?
139. What organization did MLK Jr form after the bus boycott?
140. What organization formed on student campuses to increase black voter registration in the south and to make sure public facilities were desegregated.
141. What was banned by the Charter of 1732?
142. Who were the Malcontents and what were their objections?
143. List the 5 capitals and explain why they moved.
144. `After the Boston Tea Party Parliament passed what acts?
145. What was the Second Continental Congress known for doing?
146. What three Georgian’s signed the Declaration of Independence
147. What two Georgian’s signed the US Constitution
148. What type of state government did the first Georgia Constitution create?
149. What group of Austrians migrated to Georgia in the 1700s in Ebenezer, GA
150. Why would Georgia ratify the US Constitution
151.Which Creek Indian chief signed the first treaty to give away Indian lands?
152. Which was the second Creek Chief to sign a treaty giving away Creek lands and was murdered for doing so.
153. What is Sequoyah known for creating
154. What was Henry Mcneal Turner known for achieving
155. What were some tools used to disenfranchise black voters
156. Identify two programs that electricity to the south and Georgia
157. What was the purpose of the Lend Lease Act
158. What happened to the size, number of farms, and number of farmers in Georgia after WW2 and why was this possible
159. What was the Albany Movement and why did it fail?
160. Why did Georgia develop a two party system in the 1960s and who and why was the dominant party before that
161. What did Georgia do to prepare for the 1996 Summer Games and what did they expect to gain
162. A majority of every tax is spent on what
163. A major source of revenue for local governments is what
164. How many crimes are there that a juvenile can be charged as an adult
165. Crimes that result in charges for juveniles that would not be crimes if committed by adults are called what
166. What court handles wills and deeds
167. What Georgia court can hear a felony case
168. What is the lowest level court in Georgia
169. What court hears cases involving misdemeanors and civil cases
170. List the four steps of a juvenile prosecution
171. In a civil case who is the person suing.
172. Most felony convictions are the result of what
173. Define mercantilism
174. A local government where department heads report ot the mayor is called what
175. When the council/commission hires a manger to run the government it is called what
176. How many services must a local government provide as a minimum
177. What are some services provided by local government
178. What type of lifestyle did the Paleo’s and Archaic’s live
179. What killed a majority of the Indians who first met the Europeans
180. Why did so many Indians die
181. Where did the French settle in North America and why were they successful
182. What Conquistador traveled through Georgia in the 183. What is wattle and daub
184. What is part fort, part church, part trading post
185. What were the three Gs that motivated Spanish exploration
186. Known as the Seven Years War in Europe, this war resulted in France leaving North America
187. Which Yamacraw Indian chief helped keep the peace between the colonists in Savannah and the regions Indians
188. Which English tax was passed after the French and Indian War to help pay for war debt
189. “ When in the course of human events” What document?
190. As a result of reapportionment who gained political power in Georgia after the County Unit System was ended
191. What is another name for the Georgia House and Senate
192. Where is most of the work done in the General Assembly
193. What check does the General Assembly have over the governor
194. What check does the governor have over the General Assembly
195. How long is a term in the General Assembly and what are the term limits
196. Who is President of the Senate
197. What power does the Legislature have?
198. What are the powers of the Governor
199. How are Department Heads and Commissioners selected in Georgia
200. What do the Department of Public Safety, Transportation, and Economic Development do
201. In the Colonial and Antebellum days Georgia shipped most of their goods to what Continent
202. What was the affect of the Tariff of Abominations
203. What does Georgia’s modern transportation infrastructure allow her to do
204. Who Presides over the Georgia House of representatives
205. Name two reasons why farm output increased in Georgia after WW2
206. What region of the world provided Georgia with immigrants prior to 1990
207. What region of the world provided Georgia with immigrants after 1990 and where did many settle
208. What type of jobs did many of these immigrants take