|Merit Badge Requirements
Second Session Requirements
January 29th, 2011
1. 3A and 3B. 5 (start this).
1. Requirements #10 a, b, and c
2. Requirements #11 a and ONE ofb, c, or d
3. Requirement #12
1. Requirement #6 Describe the 1999-2008 50 State Quarters Program. Collect and show your counselor five
different Quarters you have acquired from circulation.
2. Requirement #7 Collect from circulation a set of currently circulating U.S. coins. Include one coin of each
denomination (cent, nickel, dime, quarter, half-dollar, and dollar). For each coin, locate the mint marks, if any,
and the designer's initials, if any.
(Since half-dollars are not currently being distributed by the mint, they could be excluded from this list)
3. Requirement #9 Do ONE of the following:
a. Collect and identify 50 foreign coins from at least 10 different countries.
b. Collect and identify 20 bank notes from at least five different countries.
c. Collect and identify 15 different tokens or medals.
d. For each year since the year of your birth, collect a date set of a single type of coin.
(Counselor's suggestion -the scouts might want to work on 9.-d. A set of pennies, nickles, dimes, or quarters.)
1. Complete requirements 5 and 9a
1. Discuss requirement 2
2. Show drawing form requirement 5
3. Discuss requirement 9a and 9b
4. Requirement 3 .
1. Continue to work of regular home duties (# 3).
2. Work on requirements #4 and #5.
Additional FEE may be required
Additional CPRIAED class to be scheduled
1. Read the First Aid Merit Badge Book. .
2. Bring your Scout Handbook review second class 6a,b,c. If not signed off. Bring personal first aid kits if not
completed or missing contents to be looked at again-If not signed off (check your book)
3. Should know the following, 2a,b,c,d, 3a, e, f, 5a thru5j
(Counselor's Note: 2d is different from the requirement that they did for 6b in second class requirement.)
Requirement 2d. Prepare a first-aid kit for your home. Display and discuss its contents with your counselor.
1.. Learn the music handed out for the first session
2. Think about their bugle call for next time
1. Bring Scout Medical Examination Form (copy of annual health form)
a. this is a doctor consult and scout release
b. needed for completing physical and written components of Personal Fitness Badge
2. Seven (7) Warning Signs of Cancer
a. Complete packet handout
b. Have this written and be prepared to discuss
3. Twelve (12) Week Fitness Log
a. all weeks or days completed up until this point
b. be prepared to talk about design/benefits/improvements of personal fitness 12 week design.
Homework of Session II
1. Begin tracking performance against budget (income, expenses, and savings). Be ready to discuss your progress.
2. Complete monitoring of "to do" list for one week. Be prepared to discuss requirement #8
3. Complete requirement #5 and be prepared to discuss.
4. Complete requirement #6 and be prepared to discuss.
1. Discuss requirements #5,6, and 8
2. Discuss progress on requirement #2a.
3. Discuss project ideas for requirement #9a.
4. Discuss family purchase ideas for requirement #1.
Photography Craig and Michael
1. Explain how the following elements and terms affect the quality of a picture:
a. Light-natural light/ambient, flash
b. Exposure - aperture (f-stops), shutter speed, depth of field c. Composition-rule of thirds, leading lines, framing, depth d. Angle of view
e. Stopping action
2. Explain the basic parts and operation of a film camera or digital camera. Explain how an exposure is made when you take a picture.
Counselor's Note: At the January 29th class, we will be covering 1 and 2 above, and will start with this one:
Discuss with your counselor the differences between a film camera and a digital camera. List at least five advantages and five disadvantages of using a digital camera versus using a film camera
We'll then make sure they're prepared to present their photo montages at the last class. I'll go over some of the ways to present (e.g., PowerPoint, actual photos, etc.).
1. Complete requirement 2a and 8
2. Be prepared to discuss requirement 3
1. Discuss requirement 2a, 3 and 8
1. 4C, 5A and 5C (at least start this and end in March).