To create an active network of emerging leaders with a commitment to sustainable development in the Sahel.
The Sahel Leadership Program will work to:
• Inspire and prepare emerging leaders to deliver integrated, scalable solutions for the Sahel
• Catalyze innovative thinking and collaboration across sectors and disciplines
The program is led by the OASIS Initiative in collaboration with Institut Supérieur des Sciences de la Population (ISSP) at Université de Ouagadougou (UO), Université Abdou Moumouni (UAM), the Permanent Interstates Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS), Expand Net and USAID’s Sahel Resilience Learning (SAREL) project.
The program consists of three elements:
• A week-long intensive training from January 25 to 30, 2016 in Ouagadougou (Costs covered by program)
• A year-long mentorship program to support participants in setting and achieving professional goals
• Membership into a dynamic network of development professionals working in the West African Sahel
Ideal candidates will have a strong track record in leadership and have a strong ambition to further develop as leaders. Female applicants are especially encouraged. Applicants must be West African, be fluent in French, be between the ages of 25 and 45, be residents of Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, Chad, Mauritania or Senegal and have at least 5 years’ experience in one of the following areas:
• Sustainable agriculture / Natural resource management
• Food security / Nutrition
• Education and empowerment of girls
• Family planning
To apply, download the application at: www.oasisinitiative.org/pls
For more information, contact: email@example.com
The application deadline is Sunday, August 23, 2015 at midnight PST.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Family name, country, sector code.