SEALED BID RFB 07-27 DESCRIPTION: The County of Amador is seeking sealed bids for new APC UPS equipment to provide battery backup power and line conditioning for information technology equipment for the new Health and Human Services Facility in accordance with the attached bid specifications.
Sealed bids will be received by the County of Amador Purchasing Office; by U.S. Mail at 12200 B Airport Road, Jackson, CA 95642-9527; by U.P.S., Federal Express, or by other courier to 12200 B Airport Road, Martell, CA; until 1:30 PM, Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at which time sealed bids will be opened and read in the office of the Director of General Services Administration, located at the above Martell address. Bids received late, will be rejected and returned unopened. Telegraph, Facsimile (FAX) and E-Mail bids will not be considered. Questions regarding this bid should be referred to Seann Rowlands or Jeff White, Amador County Information Technology Department (209) 223-6591 or Amador County GSA (209) 223-6375.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS: 1. Bidders may acquire bid information and documents at the Office of General Services Administration located at 12200-B Airport Road, Martell, CA. Bid information and documents are available for examination at the Amador County Office of General Services Administration, telephone (209) 223-6375.
2. The County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids in whole or in part and/or to waive technicalities and/or any irregularities in any bid received if such waiver is in the best interest of the County. All bids will become a part of the official files of the County without obligation on the part of the County.
3. Should a bidder find discrepancies in or omissions from the Specifications and Conditions, or be in doubt as to their meaning, the bidder shall at once notify Brent Roberts, Purchasing Assistant, at (209) 223-6375.
Should it be found necessary, the County of Amador General Services Administration Director shall issue a written Addendum, which will be sent or delivered to those that have acquired Bid packages. Questions by bidders concerning discrepancies in, or omissions from the Specifications shall be made at least (72) hours prior to bid opening, not including Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
4. All forms in the Bid package shall be made on the form(s) provided by the County of Amador. Each page shall be properly completed with all items filled out, signed with blue ink, and executed by an individual who has authority to act on behalf of the entity submitting the Bid.
Bidders are responsible for reviewing all bid documents in their entirety.
SUBMISSION AND RECEIPT OF BIDS 1. Sealed bids shall be received by the County of Amador Purchasing Office; by U.S. Mail at 12200-B Airport Road, Jackson, CA. 95642; or delivered in person, U.P.S., Federal Express, or by any other courier to 12200-B Airport Road, Martell, CA 95654, until 1:30 PM, Tuesday, November 20, 2007, at which time sealed bids will be opened and read publicly at the General Services Administration Office located at the above Martell address. Bids received late will be rejected and returned unopened.
2. Bids must be submitted in a sealed opaque envelope. Your return address and the Bid number (07-27) must appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids must be submitted on the bid form(s) provided herein. Other bid formats will be rejected.
3. County reserves the right to postpone the date and time for submission of bids.
4. The Bid amount is all inclusive. No additional charges for packing, taxes, or other items, whether or not identified in the specifications, will be allowed.
5. The County of Amador is not responsible for failure of the U.S. Mail or private couriers to deliver bids by the submission deadline.
6. Telegraph, Facsimile (FAX), and E-Mail bids will not be considered.
7. The following forms and bid documentation information must be included in your sealed bid: a. Bid Form
b. Exceptions to Bid Specifications Form (if applicable)
8. Erasures or corrections on bids must be initialed in blue ink. Each Bidder shall be deemed to have authorized any such erasures or corrections. Bids shall be signed in blue ink. All amounts shall be typewritten or completed in blue ink. BID REQUIREMENTS 1. Those submitting bids must complete and return with their bid all forms listed herein.
2. No person, firm or corporation, shall be allowed to make or file or be interested in more than one Bid Form for the same work.
EVALUATION OF BIDS Selection of the successful bidder will be determined by evaluation of the following:
Product guarantees and warranties
Product quality and conformance to bid specifications
Price and local bidder preference, a 4% advantage is allowed to bidders whose business is located in Amador County.
SPECIFICATIONS General: 1. Vendors are requested to provide pricing on the following new APC UPS equipment.
Prices bid are considered accurate and cannot be withdrawn after the bid is opened. Additional charges for other items not shown on this bid will not be allowed. The Amador County Sales Tax rate is 7.25%. The County is exempt from the payment of federal excise tax.
All bids should include preparation, transportation and delivery charges fully prepaid by the successful bidder to the destination specified. Delivery is F.O.B. the Amador County warehouse located at 12200-B Airport Road, Martell, CA 95654. Due care shall be exercised in packing, handling and shipping to assure equipment arrives in excellent condition. Equipment arriving in other than excellent condition shall be the responsibility of the successful bidder.
Brand names and numbers used in these bid specifications are required in order to interface with Amador County’s existing voice/data infrastructure which is only able to manage APC brand equipment. No substitutions for these APC products will be considered.
Any and all exceptions to this bid should be written on the form entitled “Exceptions to Bid Specification Form” and attached to bid submittal.
Equipment Specifications: 1. APC Roof Fan Tray – ACF501
Air Flow – 440 CGM
Nominal Input Voltage – 120V
Input Frequency – 50/60 Hz
Input Connections – NEMA 5-15P
Maximum Height – 2.36 inches (60mm)
Maximum Width – 22.61 inches (574 mm)
Maximum Depth – 35.14 inches (893mm)
Net Weight – 18.50 lbs. (8.41 kg)
Shipping Weight – 26.40 lbs. (12.00 kg)
Shipping Height – 6 inches (152 mm)
Shipping Width – 29.50 inches (749mm)
Shipping Depth 39.00 inches (991 mm)
Color – Black
Regulatory Approvals – CSA C22.2 No. 60960, PSE, UL 60950
Audible Noise at 1 Meter from Surface of Unit – 47 dBA
Online Thermal Dissipation – 400 BTU/hr
Regulatory Approvals – BSMI, CSA, UL 1449, UL 1778, FCC Part 15 Class A
Standard Warranty – 2 years repair or replace, optional on-site warranties available, optional extended warranties available
Equipment Protection Policy – Lifetime: $150,000
APC UPS EQUIPMENT FOR
NEW HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES FACILITY
SEALED BID RFB 07-27 BID FORM I, the undersigned, propose to furnish the Amador County Health and Human Services Agency with the product(s) listed below at the prices indicated. Delivery to be within ____14_____ calendar days upon receipt of order.