200 Prof Ed Questions with Answers 1. As parent and the same time a teacher, which of the following will you do to show your cooperation to the PTA project in your school to be financed with the proceeds of the sales of the school canteen where food prices are little bit higher?
a. Bring food for you and your children, but always make it a point to buy in the school canteen.
b. buy all your food in the school canteen but request for a discount
c. bring food enough for you and your children but do not eat in the school canteen
d. buy all your food from the school canteen even if you cannot afford to do everyday
2. According to the existentialist, every person in the same predicament and has the same possibilities. What does this imply?
a. Every person must go to school.
b. Every person must go through the same from school.
c. Every person must earn a college degree.
d. Every person must be given access to education.
3. You are very much interested in a quality professional development program for teachers. What characteristic should you look for?
a. prescribed by top educational leaders
b. dependent and availability of funds
c. required for the renewal of professional license
d. responsive to identified teachers’ need
4. The singing of the National anthem is an offshoot of philosophy of ____.
a. Nationalism c. naturalism
b. pragmatism d. Socialism
5. The environment in order to facilitate, learning must be interactive. Which of the following best typifies this kind of environment?
a. the child goes out and discovers for himself some rock or fossil.
b. the child listens to a lecture on the fossils given by the teacher
c. the child summarizes the section on the fossils in his science textbook
d. The child copies a list of facts concerning fossils on the blackboard.
6. A teacher is said to be a “trustee of the cultural and educational heritage of the nation and is under obligation to transmit to learners such heritage”. Which practice makes the teacher fullfill such obligation?
a. Use interactive teaching strategies.
b. Use the latest educational technology
c. Observe continuing professional education.
d. As a class, study the life of Filipino heroes.
7. For more efficient and effective management of schools as an agent of change, one proposal is for the DepEd to cluster remote stand-alone schools under one lead school head. Which factor has the strongest influence on this proposal?
a. Psychological c. Geographical
b. Historical d. Social
8. What does the acronym EFA imply for school?
a. the acceptance of exclusive schools for boys and for girls
b. the stress on the superiority of formal education over that of alternative learning system
c. practice of inclusive education
d. the concentration on formal education system.
9. Which Republic Act provides government assistance to the students and teachers in private school?
a. RA 7784 c. RA 7836
b. RA 6728 d. RA 7722
10. the authoritarian setting in the Filipino home is reinforced by a classroom teacher who:
19. Despite opposition from some school officials, DepEd has continuously enforced the “no collection of fees” policy during enrolment period in public schools. Is this policy in accordance with EFA goals?
a. No, it violates the mandate of quality education
b. Yes, it somewhat eliminates gender disparities
c. Yes, it supports equitable access to basic education
20. Which of the following measures should a teacher do to a principal whom she would like to file a case of sexual harassment w/o violating the relationship of the teacher to her superior?
a. present the case before competent authority and prepare to prove the charge
b. writ an anonymous letter to a higher school official to denounce the superior
c. call a parent-teacher meeting and denounced the superior
d. encourage the other teacher and students to hold a demonstration to oust the superior
21. To earn units for promotion, a teacher pays her fees but does not attend class at all. Does this constitute professional growth?
a. Not immediately but yes after promotion.
b. It depends on the school she is enrolled in.
c. No, it simply earning MA units for promotion.
d. Yes, just enrolling in an MA program
22. Kounin claims that “with-it-ness” is one of the characteristics of an effective classroom manager. What is one sign of with-it-ness?
a. Giving attention to students who are having difficulty with school work.
b. seeing only one portion of the class but intensively
c. knowing where instructional materials are kept
d. Aware of what’s happening I all parts of the classroom.
23. A student collapsed in her social studies class. It was found out that he did not eat her lunch. What principle is shown in the situation?
a. Psychological need c. Ecological need
b. Physiological need d. Safety need
24. Which techniques (s) enable (s) a teacher to identify and eventually assists students which interpersonal difficulties?
a. Anecdotal record c. Cumulative record
b. Personal inventory d. Sociogram
25. Which is considered the “brain” of the computer?
a. CPU c. Video screen
b. Software d. Keyboard
26. Zero standard deviation means that:
a. The student scores are the same
b. 50% of the scores obtained is zero
c. More than 50% of the score obtained zero
d. Less than 50% of the scores obtained zero
27. Which of the least authentic mode of assessment?
35. Teacher A teaches English as a second Language. She uses vocabulary cards, fill-in-the-blank sentences, dialogues, dictation and writing exercises in teaching a lesson about grocery shopping. Based on this information, which of the following is a valid conclusion?
a. The teacher wants to make her teaching easier by having less talk.
b. The teacher is emphasizing reading and writing skills
c. The teacher is teaching in variety of ways because not all students learn in the same manner.
d. The teacher is applying Bloom’s hierarchy of cognitive learning
36. To teach the democratic process to the pupils, Biag Elementary School decided that the election of class officers shall be patterned after local elections. There are qualifications set for candidates, limited period for campaign and rule for posting campaign materials, etc. Which of the following did the school use?
a. Symposium c. Panel discussion
b. Simulation d. Debate
37. Which statement applies when scores distribution is negatively skewed?
a. The mode is lesser than the median c. The mode and median are equal
b. The median is higher than the mode d. The mean is lesser than the mode
38. In the Preamble of the Code of Ethics of Professional Teachers, which is not mentioned about teachers?
a. Duly Licensed professionals c. LET passer
b. Possess dignity and reputation d. With high moral values
39. What does a skewed score distribution mean?
a. The scores are concentrated more at one end or the other end
b. The mode, the mean and the median are equal
c. The mean and the median are equal
d. The scores are normally distributed
40. Teacher C, a reading teacher, advised her class to “read between the lines.” What does she want her pupils to do?
b. learning increase when the learning is relevant
c. Attention is essential for learning
d. New learning builds on previous learning
63. Which of the following is the best time for a teacher to set up routine activities that will contribute to effective classroom management?
a. As soon as the student have established
b. Daily as the start of the session
c. During his homeroom day
d. On the very first day of school
64. Teacher R wants to develop his students’ creativity. Which type of questions will be MOST appropriate?
a. Synthesis questions c. “What if….” questions
b. Fact questions d. Analysis question
65. You want your student to answer the questions at the end of the reading lesson: ‘’ What did I learn today?”, ‘What still puzzles me?” What did I enjoy, hate, accomplish in class today?” , “How did I learn from the lesson?’’ , Which of the following are you asking them to do?
a. Work on an assignment c. Work on a drill
b. make entry journal d. Apply what they learn
66. If the student is encourage to develop himself to the fullest and must satisfy his hierarchy of needs, the highest need to satisfy according to Maslow is ___________.
a. psychological need c. belongingness
b. self-actualization d. safety need
67. In Social Studies class, Teacher I presents a morally ambiguous situation and asks students what they would do. On whose theory is Teacher I’s technique based?
a. Bandura c. Kohlberg
b. Freud d. Erickson
68. Based on Freud’s theory, which operate/s when a student strikes a classmate at the height of anger?
a. Ego c. Id and Ego
b. Id d. Erickson
69. The Computer r for score in Math and Science is 0.92. What does this mean?
a. Math score is positively related to Science score
b. The higher the Math score, the lower the Science score
c. math score is not in any way related to Science score
70. Which type of the tests is most appropriate if Teacher Y wants to measure students’ ability to organize thoughts and ideas?
a. Short answer c. Alternative response
b. Essay d. Multiple Choice
71. If Teacher wants to measure her students’ ability to discriminate, which of these is an appropriate type of the test item as implied by the direction?
a. “Outline the Chapter on The Cell.”
b. “Summarize the lesson yesterday.”
c. “Group the following items according to shape”
d. “State a set of principles that can explain”
72. A test item has a difficulty index of 0.89 and a discrimination index of 0.44. What should the teacher do?
a. Reject the item c. Make it a bonus item
b. Retain the item d. Make it a bonus item and reject it.
73. What can be said of Arielle who obtained a score of 75 out of 100 items in a Grammar objective test?
a. She performed better than 25% of her classmate
b. She answered 25 items in the test correctly.
c. Her rating is 75.
d. She answered 75% of the test items correctly.
74. The criterion of success in Teacher D’s objective is that “the pupils must be able to spell 90% of the words correctly.” Ana and 24 others in the class spelled only 40 out of 50 words correctly while the rest scored 45 and above. This means that Teacher D ___________.
a. attained her lesson objectives
b. did not attained her lesson objective because of the pupils lack of attention
c. failed to attain her lesson objective as far as the 25 pupils are concerned
d. attained her lesson objective because of her effective spelling drill
75. For her discussion of the topic from various perspectives, it is BEST to hold __________.
a. brainstorming c. debate
b. Symposium d. panel discussion
76. Availment of the Philippine Education Placement Test for adult and out-of-school youth is in the support of the government’s educational program towards _______________.
a. Relevance c. Equitable access
b. Quality d. Quality and Relevance
77. Which MDG goal is related to the state’s goal for equality education?
a. MDG 1 c. MDG 3
b. MDG 2 d. MDG 4
78. Which illustrates vicarious punishment?
a. We feel so bad to the classmate who is punished for being tardy so we convince him go to school on time.
b. Out of comparison, we volunteer to get punished in the place of friend
c. We charge to experience our being punished
d. See someone who get punished for habitual tardiness. In effect, we are fees likely to be tardy
79. Which objective in the effective domain is the lowest level?