Isabel Logan (Mrs Flower) entered first year in 1950. She has a grown-up family. She gave up teaching in the 90s to move from Exeter to Kent where husband, John, was appointed Professor of French at Canterbury University.
Justice of the.Peace, Farmed Dairsie Mains, Cupar. Attended BBS prior to 1930.
Lindsay Logan (1951) of Newport was appointed a professor to the Northern College's Dundee Campus in 1998. He is depute head of the Mathematics Department at the College. He has taught in Canada, Edinburgh and Glenrothes. He was nearing completion of a PhD at that time and was researching the acquisition of problem-solving skills in mathematics. He has also written and delivered a number of papers on the subject and has led consultancies in teacher education in the Far East.
Vice-Captain 1994-5 was Margaret Logan (Cupar).
Robert Fleming Logan
Robert Logan died suddenly on 27th July1993, aged 83. He lived latterly at ‘The Coach House’, Kingask, by St Andrews, and before that he had farmed at Kirkmay, Crail. Robert entered BBS in 1922 and subsequently graduated BSc in Agriculture at Edinburgh University.
John Lorimer (1973) died in hospital in mid-December 2005 after a short illness. On leaving school John joined the army and, after completing his training, he was posted to the Royal Tank Regiment. He spent a large part of his service abroad and it was only when the regiment was disbanded that he decided to leave the army as he was by this time married. He used his expertise to find work with several firms and his employment again took him abroad frequently. He became a manager with Plumb Center in Kirkcaldy. He is survived by his wife and 2 daughters.
The annual visit to the First World War Battlefields took place in October 2000. Michael Lennie, Steven Lorimer and David McCann laid a wreath as the pupils took part in the daily tribute to the Fallen.
James Loughridge (1994) graduated in November from the Recruit Training Squadron at RAF Halton in Aylesbury, having completed basic training. He won the ‘Best Recruit’ award and will now go to train as an aerospace systems officer.
Alex Lowe (1940) died very suddenly on 18th August 2007. When he left School, Alex began work in the County Buildings and then in the Local Office in the Crossgate. After some years he moved to the British Sugar Corporation where he remained for 25 years. When the Cupar operation closed in the mid 1960s, Alex was transferred to Peterborough, and after 8 years was asked to open a depot in Edinburgh. He and his wife returned to the Cupar area when he retired. Alex was very involved in amateur dramatics and later continued his keen interest in the theatre. They enjoyed travel abroad and, after their health deteriorated, in this country. Sadly his wife died just 5 weeks after him. They are survived by their two sons.
From the FPA Newsletter Issue 5: Some months ago, "Life and Work", the Church of Scotland monthly magazine, had a photgraph of a presentation being made to the Session Clerk of St Andrews Church in Guernsey. The minister, who was also in the photograph, is Reverend George Lugton.
Cecily Lumsden (Mrs. Black) entered 1st year in 1948. She became a nurse until she married. Later, she became Property Registrar for Fife County Council. Cecily was widowed in the 90s and was Honorary Treasurer of ‘a well-known Fife Golf Club’. An article on this aspect of her life appeared in Issue 10 of the FPA Newsletter.
George Lumsden (1943) died in 1999 in Dundee, after a long illness. George's career was in international banking in Kenya, Uganda, India and the United Arab Emirates. After retirement he returned to live in Dundee where he was Secretary of his Golf Club. He is survived by his wife and one daughter.
Gordon Lumsden (1946) died suddenly in hospital on 25th December 2006, just a month after the death of his sister, Thalia. He was a keen sportsman and in 1948 he was chosen to carry the Olympic torch from Ceres to Craigrothie before the London Olympics. On leaving School, Gordon trained as a hairdresser with his father until he joined the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders in 1954. He served with them in Aden and Korea. When he was demobilised he returned to his father's business until his interest in beekeeping took over his attention. In 1969 he emigrated to Australia where he became the official Head Bee-keeper to the Australian government. He returned to Cupar in 1984 and pursued his interest in the outdoors and in wildlife until his recent illness. He is survived by his brother, Robin.
Mrs Margot Robson died on 26th February 1995. Margot studied at Moray House and taught at Letham Primary School and in Glenrothes until 1961. She resumed her career in Berwickshire in 1973. She was a member of Cupar Amateur Opera Company while she lived in Cupar, and her interests included gardening, music, art and needlework. She is survived by her husband, one son and one daughter.