Clayton & DeKalb County

Download 11.16 Kb.
Size11.16 Kb.
Metro Atlanta VA Benefit Sources
Clayton & DeKalb County

Marilyn Ferguson, Dept of Veteran Services, Decatur, GA (VA Medical Center) – (404) 728-7611 

Cherokee, Cobb, Gilmer, Pickens

Rita Barnhart & Jay Johnson, Dept of Veteran Services, Canton – (770) 720-3538

Dawson, Hall, Forsyth, Gwinnett & Lumpkin County

Cindy Hayes or Charles Evans, Dept of Veteran Services, Gainesville – (770) 531-6060

Fulton County

Nick Roby, Dept of Veteran Services, Atlanta – (404) 656-5940

Bartow & Paulding County

Robert Turner, Dept of Veteran Service, Cartersville – (770) 387-3746

Carol & Douglas County

Billy Robins, Dept of Veteran Service, Carrolton (Wed, Thur & Fri only) – (770) 836-6760

Rockdale, Newton & Walton County

Tommy Clack or Mayleen Britt, Dept of Veteran Service, Conyers – (770) 388-5075

Clarke, Barrow, Jackson, Madison, Oconee & Oglethorpe

Dale Bell, Dept of Veteran Service, Athens – (706) 369-5630 or 5631 (888) 228-4500 Offer loans to pay for care until A&A payments come through.
Independent resources to assist with the VA paperwork process (fee for service)
Ray & Mary Griggers, Seniors’ Benefits Solutions – (770) 358-0366
Victoria Collier, Elder law Attorney (404) 370-0696
Jim Swain, Elder law Atttorney, Roswell – (770) 500-3074

Ira Leff, Elder law Attorney - (404) 633-1801

Veterans Financial Inc. – (800) 835-1541
Jay Bower, Estate Planner – (706) 354-0027 (Assists Vet families with assets and long term care plans).
Pamela Roshell, PhD, MSW – (Macon & surrounding area) Family Care Solutions – (866) 809-8274

The following forms will are required for eligibility: VSO 3 (physician’s form)*, 21-526 (for the veteran), 21-534 (for surviving spouse), 21-22 (power of attorney), 21-8416 (medical expenses)

*The doctor should recommend that the vet/spouse is home bound & needs ADL care, and does NOT declare the person incompetent (that would delay the process)
There are two State Nursing homes for Vets which are completely free: Milledgeville and Augusta, to qualify you must have war time service & 5 year residency. They both currently have a waiting list.
For complete information on the Aid & Attendance program, eligibility, how to apply and what to expect visit the following websites:

Download 11.16 Kb.

Share with your friends:

The database is protected by copyright © 2020
send message

    Main page