Artur Krzywdzinski SUMMARY I am an industry respected Virtualization Senior Consultant (VMware Certified Design Expert, #077) with over 10 years VMware experience predominantly gained working in large corporate IT environments.
A passion for technology has led me to develop my career from a Virtualization Engineer, through to a Senior Consultant in one of the most prestigious and challenging environments in Europe.
I strive to remain at the forefront of the Information Technology industry, specifically server and desktop virtualization. My strong technical skills are complemented by attention to detail and a strict adherence to the processes and procedures gained in various ITIL environments.
Position: Senior Consultant/ Migration Project Lead. • Develop and deliver architecture and project plan for datacenter migration based on vSphere 5.1 and vSphere 5.5
• Design, develop and deliver private Cloud infrastructure (Iaas), automation, orchestration based on vCloud Director and vCloud Automation Center
• Design virtualization platform for business critical applications (SAP, Business Object, Citrix XENAPP 6.5)
• Deliver internal workshops to infrastructure support teams.
• Define and implement ECB Security and deployment Best Practices
08.2012 – 02.2013
GlassHouse Technologies UK
Position: Senior Consultant Virtualization • Develop and deliver fully redundant architecture based on vSphere 5 and VMware SRM 5
• Designing and managing transition of customer legacy infrastructure to cloud based platform
• Design virtualization for business critical apps (MSSQL, Exchange, Active Directory)
07.2011 – 08.2012
Serco Services Gmbh / European Central Bank
Position: Virtualization Architect / Migration Project Lead. • Maintain, deliver, update and create architect and technical documentation
• Develop and deliver POC for private cloud based on vCloud Director (IaaS)
• Develop, deliver best practice and security standards for virtual infrastructure in ECB
• Develop architecture for migration from VI3.5 to vSphere 4.1 (60 hosts)
• Develop and deliver architecture for vSphere 5 implementation
• Design and implement LANFree backup for virtual infrastructure
• 4’th line support for VMware products in ECB
• Close collaboration with datacentre administrators (second level support) skill transfer, coaching, project lead.
• Develop and implement DR\DR solution based on vSphere stretched clusters and SAN metro-cluster
• On call support outside office hours
05.2008 – 07-2011
IBM Global Service Delivery Centre.
Position: Senior Virtualization Engineer / Technical Project Lead
Technical lead in team of 10 engineers.
Projects included ;
P2V migration and Datacentres consolidation over 1600 physical servers
Design and implement vSphere 4.X infrastructure for P2V migration and datacenters consolidation for 600 physical servers
Design, plan and upgrade to vSphere ESXi 4.1
Design and implement Citrix XEN 5.5 Server as a virtualization platform
Design and implement DR\BR solution based VMware Site Recovery Manager and LAN-free backup solution
Design and implement virtual desktop solution based on VMware View 4.X
Create, maintain and update technical documentation.
Subject Matter Expert in Virtualization area - IBM Brno
Member of VMware Centre of Excellence in IBM for EMEA region
SUSE Linux support and engineering
Engineer on 3rd line support for VMware products at IBM
11.2004 – 05.2008
Lacroix Electronics, Kwidzyn, Poland
Position: EDP specialist (Electronic distribution of software)
Installing, configuring and administration VMWARE Infrastructure 3 (v3.5) farm
Maintenance of system environments (administration of LAN, installation, configuration, administration of server environment (Novell Netware6.5 Windows 2003 Server & ActiveDirectory ), as well as of mail server (Novell GroupWise 6.5), management of proxy server, VPN, firewall and Internet access (BorderManager 3.8)
Preparing IT infrastructure for migration to virtual environment
Capacity planning for new VMWARE infrastructure
SUSE Linux support and engineering
Management of security backup system (Arcserver 11.1)
Implementation of new IT solutions ( 3 new servers, ZenWorks package, automation of IT installations)
Modernization of backup system
Inventory, management and administration of software for 160 work stations (Novell ZenWorks 4.0.1)