FISH IDENTIFICATON WEB QUEST Go to website http://dnr.maryland.gov/Fisheries/Pages/fishfacts-index.aspx. Within each habitat listed below, pick two fish from each and provide the following information. Family name, scientific name, one A.K.A. name, brief physical description/unique characteristic, diet, and a simple sketch.
open ocean waterbay/tributarybottom feeder american shad gizzard shad black sea bass
6. Find and click on the Atlantic Bluefin Tuna. What specific events have led to a
dramatic reduction in Bluefin tuna stocks worldwide?
Go to http://www.seafoodwatch.org/ocean-issues/fishing-and-farming-methods
1. List all the non-aquaculture fisheries harvesting techniques listed on the web site.
2. Describe the dredging technique and its environmental impact.
3. Describe purse-seining fishing. What type of fish is the technique used for?
4. How is purse seining related to dolphins?
5. List the 5 types of aquaculture techniques and describe one in detail.
Go to http://www.seafoodwatch.org/ and click on the Use Our Consumer Guides Section. Download the Maryland Guide. The fish species are listed according to their sustainable harvesting. List the classification categories in terms of sustainability and list two species from each category.