INSTRUCTION: Answer all Questions from this Section
1. Shading and tinting of colours are best done with _____ (a) Black and Blue (b) Black and red (c) Black and White (d) Black and yellow.
2. Violet colour symbolises _____ (a) Royalty (b) Death (c) Peace (d) Love.
3. White colour can be used as a symbol of _____ (a) Peace (b) Royalty (c) Love (d) Death.
4. Colours of the spectrum are _____ (a) 8 (b) 7 (c) 6 (d) 5.
5. The scientist who discover colour is called ____ (a) Sir Robert Holland (b) Sir Isaac James (c) Sir Isaac Newton (d) Sir Robert James.
6. The neutral colours are _____ and ____ (a) Yellow and blue (b) Red and yellow (c) Purple and black (d) Black and White.
7. Another name for primary colour is ____ (a) First colour (b) Binary (c) Basic (d) Quality.
8. Another name for secondary colour is _____ (a) second colour (b) first colour (c) Binary (d) Basic.
10.Which of the following colour can be used to change a yellow fabric to green? (a) Red dye (b) Blue dye (c) Purple dye (d) Orange dye.
12. A unit of colour that is repeated to form a pattern is called ____ (a) Motif (b) Pattern (c) Logo (d) design.
13. Colours that agree with one another when put into use is called ____ (a) Warm (b) Cool (c) Tertiary (d) Harmonious colour.
14. Another name for colour is _____ (a) Value (b) Hue (c) Polychrome (d) Chroma.
15. The use of more than one colour in painting is called _____ (a) Monochrome (b) Triad (c) Polychrome (d) Harmonious.
16. Motifs formed from Nature are as follows except ____ (a) Flower (b) Plants (c) Birds (d( Metal gong.
17.In tie and dye, squeezing and tieing into ball shapes l before applying dye is called ____ (a) Marbling (b) Pleating (c) Circle (d) Clumbing.
18. Applying dye on a fabric without any particular design is called ____ (a) Twisting (b) Batik (c) Marbling (d) Plain dyeing.
19. Addition of white to red colour will produce _____ (a) pink (b) Ash (c) Orange (d) Lemon green.
20. Addition of a little black to blue will result into _____ (a) Green (b) Brown (c) Ash (d) Navy blue.
1. Define Colour.
b. State four (4) classes of colour apart from primary and secondary colour.
2. What is Motif?
b. Mention four (4) ways in which a Motif can be formulated.
3. What is pattern?
b. State four (4) types of pattern.
4. Mention five (5) uses of colour.