ASTIAA Distinguished Alumni Award 2016 Atlantic School of Theology Integrated Alumni Association is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the ASTIAA Distinguished Alumni Award. This award may be conferred at the ASTIAA awards reception during convocation week, at the discretion of the selection committee.
The parameters for the award are as follows:
1. Nominee must demonstrate some form of excellence in theology, ministry or social justice commitment.
2. Nominee has made a contribution to the community at large, said contribution arising out of a commitment to God in Christ. (These may include writing, community development work, political life, preaching acumen, etc.)
3. Nominee must be a member of ASTIAA and may be lay, commissioned or ordained.
1. To make a nomination, complete the attached award nomination form. Please be clear and specific in your responses to the questions.
2. Mail completed nomination forms to Dawn Robertson, Manager, Communications & Alumni Relations, Atlantic School of Theology; 660 Francklyn St.; Halifax, N.S. B3H-3B5. Submissions may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
3. All nominations are to be supported by two letters of professional, confidential references, submitted independently of the core application. (The nominator can provide one letter of reference and is responsible for soliciting a second one). Reference letters are to be submitted in the same manner as nomination forms (see No. 2 above).
1. The person making the nomination must have direct knowledge of the person and work to be recognized.
2. The person making the nomination or providing a reference shall not be a relative or spouse of the nominee.
A quorum or more of members of ASTIAA Board of Directors.
The nomination form and both letters of reference must be postmarked or sent via email no later than March 1.
ASTIAA Distinguished Alumni Award 2016 - Nomination Form
1. Nominee information:
Telephone: 2. Is the nominee a member of ASTIAA? Yes No
3. For how long, and in what capacity, have you known the nominee?
4. Is nominee lay, commissioned or ordained? (Please specify).
Year of graduation from AST or any of its founding schools
Degree or Certificate program undertaken at AST 5. Describe in general terms the work and ministry the nominee is engaged in to give us a sense of who he/she is.
6. Describe in specific terms how the nominee is demonstrating excellence in theology, ministry or social justice commitment.
5. Indicate the contribution the nominee has made to the community at large out of their commitment to God in Christ (for example, writing, community development work, political life, preaching acumen etc.)
6. In your own opinion, how has the nominee’s education at AST or its founding schools contributed to his/her ministry?
7. In addition to the nomination form, two letters of professional, confidential references, are to be submitted in support of the nominee and can be mailed to the attention of Ms. Dawn Robertson, Manager, Communications & Alumni Relations, Atlantic School of Theology, 660 Francklyn Street, Halifax, NS B3H 3B5, or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Submitted by: