(1) Manufacturing:- Profile involved managing all activities for manufacturing of Flanges & sheet metal assemblies. Planning and optimizing utilization of resources for manufacturing the products with minimum cost. Special emphasis on Productivity Improvement, Cost Reduction, Implementing Quality Systems (TS16949) and World Class Manufacturing practices like 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and Total Productive Maintenance. Scaling and improving individual departments on the parameters of Production, Quality, Delivery, Safety and Morale. Developing inter-personnel relations and keeping the customers' confidence high in company's products.
Lead a cross functional team of various departments for implementing TPM.
Was responsible for developing good engineers and manager. Headed the prime manufacturing unit of the business i.e., Manufacturing. Initiated world class manufacturing techniques like 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and TPM etc. Increased the productivity of new CNC line with technical and negotiation skills.
Meeting customer demand with regard to quality, delivery and cost.
Maintained delivery strike rate at almost 99 percent.
Introduced new processes in manufacturing.
Integrated various operations to introduce multi machining, thereby reducing manufacturing overheads.
Reduced rejection level at customers end.
Introduced the system of customers' representatives for various customers.
Introduced Value stream mapping and reduced the waiting time of product at various operations and increased the throughput of manufacturing lines.
Developed model lines and model areas for TPM initiation. Created total employee involvement at shop floor level by initiating a suggestion box, a 4-day Kaizen program every month & Inter-department competition on 5s.
2. CUSTOMER QUALITY & SUPPORT FUNCTION & Management Representative for Quality Management Systems:
Provide adequate support to the Customers in terms of timely response to queries, visits to customers, quality improvement, communication, etc so that the stated and implied needs of the Customers are met., & maintain systems in line with TS 16949 , Interact with all the key customers on a periodic basis to understand their requirements / complaints for improving the overall quality image of the company
Monitor all the open quality issues for each customer and ensure timely closure of the same.
Record and maintain the list of customer complaints and ensure timely initial and final responses in the specified formats.
Plan and visit customers proactively to maintain a close Relationship with them
Coordinate with the customers during the customer audits and ensure all the actions pertaining to the audit findings are satisfactorily implemented in the shop floor.
Monitor and track the customer quality indicators; Ensure proper communication of the customer voice to the personnel inside the plant.
Responsible for all Internal & external Audits related to systems
3. IN-PROCESS QUALITY & SUPPORT FUNCTION:
Continuously monitor and upgrade the quality of the processes in production and to act as a facilitator for the improvement activities. To ensure adequate support to the Production team by way of Set-up approvals and periodic checks in the shop floor.
Highlight the major product discrepancies to the Production Head on a daily basis and initiate corrective actions.
Coordinate the 100% stage inspection activity.
Carry out machine capability and process capability studies and give feedback to concerned departments for making necessary improvements.
Interact with the Production engineers / operators on a daily basis to analyses the root causes for the major rejections and help in problem solving.
3. QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS:
Play the role of a facilitator in ensuring systematic problem solving and speedy progress of the actions planned to improve the quality levels / reduce the rejection rates. To identify the top projects for quality improvement.
Gather data and analyses with the help of QC tools
Facilitate and involve all the cross functional team members to contribute their ideas to arrive at the countermeasures.
Verify and validate the effectiveness of the countermeasures.
Plan for horizontal deployment of actions and to sustain the improvement made.
4. QUALITY AUDITS & LOGISTICS QUALITY:
Carry out periodic process and product, dock audits (primary Packing & Finished goods) and ensures that the quality assurance system is in place. 1. Plan and implement process audits and ensure timely feedback is given to concerned departments.
Plan and conduct periodic product audits as per the plan and to highlight the product discrepancies if any.
Conduct periodic dock audits to verify the product, packing
And labeling parameters on the parts ready for dispatch.
Initiate & procure measuring instruments; maintain, monitor and control the calibration activity for all instruments and Gauges. Plan and procure all types of instruments / gauges
Maintain a master list of instruments/gauges and ensure proper Calibration of the same as per plan.
Prepare visual work instructions for handling of instruments/ gauges in shop floor.
Provide the final inspection support for the new products (Prototype & PPAP stage).
Conduct the MSA studies as per the plan
Carry out pre-dispatch inspection and to prepare relevant Inspection reports for the customers.
Carry out layout inspection of parts as per the plan.
6. NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT:
Participate in new product development meetings and ensure the progress of the quality related activities as per APQP time plan.
Participate and furnish the process / rejection data to the team during the preparation of Process FMEA.
Ensure preventive actions are in place when new product is developed, taking into account the experiences with similar Part.
Monitor and give feedback on the quality of the new parts during the prototype run / PPAP run with all relevant inspection data and capability reports to departments
7. CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT:
Initiate continual improvement activities in all areas.
Foster the spirit of making Kaizens and getting the benefits on a daily basis.
Work on reducing the variability of the processes w.r.t specific Parameters and to constantly improve the capability.
Identify potential areas for making mistake proofing methods in the processes to prevent defects.
8. DATABASE MANAGEMENT & REPORTING:
Ensure proper collection and recording of the inspection data during every processing stage in the computer system.
Prepare reports / graphs for the rejection data for the various Product families and circulate to all, on a daily basis.
Plan and evolve a better database management system to simplify the data inputting activity and to generate various types of reports as required for problem solving / monitoring.
Record and highlight the discrepancies in the route cards and ensure proper corrective actions are in place for overall improvement in data capturing system
9. VISUAL CONTROL & COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Ensure proper communication to all shop floor and quality Personnel re: daily scrap percentage.
Introduce the concept of “Internal customers” and ensure a proper interaction and communication between the “internal suppliers “and “internal customers” – Graphs, Alerts , trends, etc
Ensure adequate training is imparted to all quality personnel on the basics of problem solving and QC tools.
Ensure that all quality personnel are trained in improving the measurement skills and increase their understanding of the Geometrical tolerances and its measurement methods.
Train In-process Quality personnel the usage of equipment.
(1) M/S JRD PERFECT Tool Pvt. Ltd Is a TS 16949:2002 certified company. It is a manufacturer of sheet metal & machining and fabrication assemblies for end customers MUL, Honda, BorgWarner Gohsi shankai Etc. as a Manufacturing Operations Head & MR MARCH 2012 to TILL DATE
(2) M/S SUMAN AUTO PART Ltd. Is a TS 16949:2002 certified company. It is a manufacturer of automotive Light & Switches component for MUL, Honda, ford etc as a Manager Q.A JUNE 27, 2009 to March 2012
(3) M/S EMKAY AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRIES LTD
An ISO/TS 16949, ISO - 14001 & OHSAS 18001 Certified Company (Direct Online Supplier of Hero Honda Motors Ltd) Leading manufacturer of Helical Compression Spring, Torsion Springs, Spring Steel wire & Sheet Metal Components. Company s reputed customers are MUL, HHML, MSL, TELCO, FCC RICO, GABRIEL, ESCORTS, BOSCH CHASIS, ENDURANCE, HAWORTH (Germany), MOLLIFICO (Italy) & ELECTROLUX (USA) etc. as a Manager Q.A & M.R since July 21, 2008 to June 25, 2009
(4) M/s Rohtas Group of Companies (Devki auto industries, P.dass Forging, Bhagwan Engg. Industries, Rohtas auto Industries, Rohtas Fasteners (P)Ltd.) ISO 9002 certified Group largest manufacturers of precision turned components for HHML, M&M & Eaton fluid systems, as a Manager Q.A & DOL Project Leader &M.R (NOV.2005 to July 20, 2008)
(5) Q.H. Talbros Ltd., Gurgaon (July 2002 to Nov.2005) as an Engineer (QA). The company is an ISO/TS16949: 2002, ISO 14001:1996 certified and TPM cluster company Technical Collaboration with QUINTON HAZELL & NAKATA BRAZIL. QHT is engaged in manufacturing Steering System and Suspension Components is an OEM's supplier of GM, Maruti Ugyog Limited, Tata Motors, M&M, TAFE, BTL & replacement supplier to UK and USA.
(6) BHABNI PIGMENTS PVT. LTD. SONIPAT (May1997 – July1998) as a Production Supervisor.
(7) H.P.L. CHEMICAL LTD., DERABASSI PUNJAB. (Dec. 1998 – Nov.1999) as a Shift Supervisor.
Winner of gold medal in team building program by Hero Honda Ltd.
Achieved DOL Certificate from Hero Honda Motors Ltd. In Bhagwan Engineering Industry Rohtak (A Unit of Rohtas Group )
Successfully Implemented ISO9001:2002 in all Rohtas Group
Successfully Implemented ISO/TS 16949:2002 in Rohtas Fasteners (P) Ltd.(A Unit of Rohtas Group)
Winner of 1st Position in CII Kizen competition
Successfully Implemented ISO/TS 16949:2002 in JRD Perfect tool (P) Ltd.
Industrial Training :
Six months Industrial Training in THE SONIPAT COOPERATIVES SUGAR MILL LTD., Sonipat as a Manufacturing Chemist.
One and half months industrial training in Indo Industrial Engineers Faridabad as a Trainee Engineer.
Final Year B.E. Project:
Project Report on Procedure Development as per ISO 9000 standard for the activity of material management in an Industry.