6. I had never seen any of Picasso’s paintings before I ………… the art museum.
A. visited B. visits C. visit D. have visited E. had visited
7. The children ……………. asleep when we got home late.
A. have fallen B. had fallen C. has fallen D. fall E. falls
8. I was late. The teacher ………….. a quiz when I got to the class.
A. gives B. has given C. had given D. give E. will give
9. I almost missed my plane. All of the other passengers had already boarded when
I ……………... there.
A. get B. got C. have got D. had got E. gets
10. After Tasya had graduated from the university, she ……………………… to look for a job.
A. tries B. try C. tried D. had tried E. has tried
PART V. READING SECTION : EXPOSITION
Instruction : Read the following text and then choose the best answer A, B,
C, D, or E based on the text.
Government should solve the problem of using formaldehyde in food. As the country’s food and drug monitoring offices across the archipelago found that formaldehyde is being used in food such as tofu, fresh noodles, and sea food. Many producers of those products wonder that they are going to bankrupt because they lost their customers since the media announced that issue. Most of the producers of meat ball are home industry. Though they do not use formaldehyde in their products, their customers are afraid to eat their products. This situation will affect their income.
It will be difficult to stop producers from using formaldehyde as it is the cheapest preservative but the government has to solve this problem in order to ensure that people eat healthy food and small businesses survive. It is not fair to treat all tofu, salted fish, fresh noodles as containing formaldehyde. How will small business survive ? It would be counter productive to the government’s own efforts to encourage small and medium business.
So there must be a research into cheap, safe and alternative preservatives in order to avoid using formaldehyde in food.
1. What type of the text is used by the writer ?
A. report B. descriptive C. discussion D. explanation E. exposition
2. The organization of the text above is ……………….
A. General statement, Explanation 1, Explanation 2, Explanation 3