Mire: move to approve the 19



Download 15.06 Kb.
Date20.10.2016
Size15.06 Kb.
26 JUNE 2015 HOUSE MINUTES
CALL TO ORDER 3:35 PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ROLL CALL
BOB JUNE
APPROVALS

MIRE: MOVE TO APPROVE THE 19TH JUNE 2015 MINUTES, CASTILHOS

MALTAIS: MOVE TO APPROVE THE 26TH JUNE 2015 AGENDA, CASTILHOS
OPEN FORUM

MARRIAGA: WELCOME, ALEC CRAIN’S LAST DAY IN THE HOUSE, THANK YOU CRAIN, CRAIN IS JOINING THE PAC


GOVERNOR’S APPOINTMENTS

SUAB APPOINTMENTS

FERRIERA: STUDENT UNION ADVIOSRY BOARD OVERSEES AND MAKES RECOMMENDATIONS ABOUT MULTIPLE USER GROUPS, GAMERS, PEOPLE WHO PLAY PING PONG, POOL, MASSAGE CHAIRS, I’LL INTRODUCE EACH ONE AND THEY CAN LET YOU KNOW WHY THEY ARE INTERESTED

SANDY: I AM INTERESTED BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR, THE FIRST TIME I STEPPED INTO THIS SCHOOL I WAS LIKE OH MY GOSH I’M ALONE AND I FEEL LIKE AN OUTCAST, BUT I THINK THE STUDENT UNION IS CRUCIAL BEACAUSE THE FIRST TIME I WALKED IN EVERYONE GREETED ME WITH A SMILE AND IT MADE ME FEEL WELCOMED, IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I GOT MY OWL CARD, I WAS OFFICIALLY IN, SO I WANT TO BE APART OF THAT TO MAKE SOMEBODY’S FIRST EXPERIENCE

KELSEY SMITH: HI I AM CHRIS’ CHIEF OF STAFF, I WANT TO HELP WITH THE SU AND HELP CHRIS OUT AS WELL

MIRE: WANT TO BECOME MORE INVOLVED, I’D LIKE TO SEE THE STUDENT UNION BECOME MORE ACTIVE

HITTNER: DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN STUDENT GOV TO JOIN?

FERRERIA: NO, 3 SHOULD BE FROM STUDENT GOV AND 3 SHOULD BE FROM FAU AT LARGE


DUNNE: MOVE TO ADMIT ALL MEMBERS, MEYERSON
CRAIN: MOVE TO BLOCK VOTE ON ALL THREE MEMBERS, MALTAIS
GOVERNOR’S REPORT

FERREIRA: HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK WE WILL HAVE MOVE PEOPLE TO APPOINT FOR THE STUDENT UNION AND NEXT WEEK I WILL START TO MAKE CAMPUS REC APPOINTMENTS, STILL LOOKING FOR SENATORS, SENATOR HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO EXTEND LIBRARY HOURS AND STUDY SPACE, SENATORS ARE IMPORTANT, GAC MEETING TODAY, FIRST OFFICIAL REPORT FROM NEW ADVISOR ALLISON RODGERS, PEER EDUCATION TEAM DIRECTOR IS BACK FROM HER TRIP, GOVERNOR’S CAMPUS ADDRESS WILL BE SEPTEMBER 16TH AT 5PM IN ENGINEERING EAST, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO BE INVITED, IT WILL BE LIVE STREAMED, STUDENTS CAN SEND IN QUESTIONS BEFORE AND DURING THE EVENT, MAKE IT INTERACTIVE

HARROW: STILL WORKING ON CHANGING THE UVAC PROCESS

FERRERIA: NOW THAT CRC IS OVER, HOPEFULLING IN THE FALL THE STUDENT BODY WILL VOTE AND RADIFY THE NEW CONSTITUTIONS, THE STATUES ARE BEING REVISED THAT WILL BE MORE OF A SMALL COMMITTEE, START RESHENING UP ON YOUR 400s, UVAC SMALL ADHOC COMMITTEE, QUALIFIED AND SELECTED

HARROW: CAMPUS ADDRESS- ARE YOU AND KATHERINE DOING THAT TOGETHER

FERRERIA: THEY WILL BE SEPARTE

MIRE: POI PLEASE STAND UP AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF WHEN SPEAKING

HITTNER: WHAT WILL YOU BE ADRESSING

FERRERIA: I HAVE NOT WRITTEN MY SPEECH YET,

DUNNE: MOVE TO EXTEND TIME BY TWO MINUTES, SECOND HITTNER

FERRERIA: ABOUT PROGRESS WE MADE, AND HOW WE WILL MOVE FORWARD, EACH PROGRAM HAVE A REPORT
MARRIAGA: WELCOMED GUEST
GAC PROGRAMS REPORT

CHIEF OF STAFF

SMITH: STRESS LESS WEEK NOVEMBER 16TH-20TH. I AM TRYING TO GET A WHOLE SCHEDULE TOGETHER AND ONE OF THE DAYS WE ARE GOING TO SWITCH IT UP CAR SHOW, MOVIE NIGHT, CAMPUS ADDRESS, HELPING WITH THE GAC MEETINGS AND CHRIS WILL BE TRANSFERING OVER TO ME ALL THE ONE ON ONE MEETINGS IN ABOUT A MONTH

JUNE: WILL THIS STRESS LESS WEEK BE FOR THE SUMMER OR THE FALL?

SMITH: THE FALL

HITTNER: POI WHEN IS FINALS

SMITH: WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING, IT WOULD BE HARD TO HAVE STRESS LESS WEEK AFTER WE GET BACK

MARKETING DIRECTOR

DAWOUD: LAST TIME I SPOKE TO YOU ABOUT THE LOGO, WE ARE GOING TO HOLD OFF ON USING THE LOGO, ADVENTUALLY UPON APPROVAL IT WILL BE USED FOR ALL THREE BRANCHES WE ARE PUSHING FOR JULY 1ST UPDATE, CAMPUS ADDRESS, BEEN WORKING WITH CHRIS, HELPING PROGRAM BOARD AND COSO, HELP WITH GET WOW’D

HARROW: WHY WILL WE NOT BE USING THE NEW LOGO FOR ALL THE PROGRAMS THAT ARE LINKED TO SG?

DAWAOUD PASS TO FERRERIA

FERRIERA: WE WANT TO CENTRALIZE THE BRAND, MAINTAINING IDENTITIES, REWORK ALL OF THE PROGRAM LOGOS, ONE WHOLE LOGO

HARROW: SO THE GOAL IS TO EVENTALLY ALL WORK IN THE SAME LOGO

FERRIERA: YES

DAWOUD: MY GOAL IS JULY 3RD TO HAVE THAT ALL TOGETHER

STONE: SO JULY 1ST LOGO THAT IS FOR THE LOGO THAT WAS PASSED AROUND LAST WEEK?

DAWOUD: ORIGINALLY IT WAS GOING TO BE THAT LOGO WITH THE BOTTOM CHANGING OUT SAYING COSO, PROGRAM BOARD, ECT., NOW IT WILL CHANGE OUT SAYING LEGISTLATIVE BRANCH, JUDICIAL BRANCH AND EXECUATIVE BRANCH

COSO


ALVARADO: WORKING ON GET WOW’D OUR CLUB FAIR, TRY TO MAKING IT BIGGER AND BETTER, AT THE STADUIM, RIGHT AFTER FRESHMAN THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASS, WE ARE GOING TO BE PACKED AND NEED A LOT OF VOLUNTEERS, -WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!- WE ARE APART OF STUDENT GOV PLEASE HELP AUGUST 16TH 2-4 WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE A VOLUNTEER MEETING BEFORE

PET


ALISON BOW: TAKING A LITTLE BREAK, MID JULY TO END OF SUMMER WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SOME PROGRAMS, SHOW AN EDUCATIONAL TEDEX TALK ABOUT HEALTH AND WE PROVIDE LUNCH, REVAMPING WELLNESS HOOTS SO NO STUDENT WILL SEE THE SAME HOOT AGAIN, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE NEW THIS YEAR, STILL DOING HYDRATION TAILGATING AND ALL OF OUR HOME GAMES, BUDGET WILL BE FINALIZED WHEN ADVISOR RETURNS, STILL WAITNING ON HEARING FROM HR TO HIRE AN ASSOCIATE, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW STUDENTS AND MEMBERS FOR PEER GROUP, NEED MORE MALES, EDUCATION TRAINING, LETS OWL GET

JUNE: WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?

ALISON: YOU HAVE T0 BE A FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY STUDENT AND HAVE TO HAVE YOUR GRADES IN GOOD STANDING, I THINK IT IS A 2.5, AND WE HAVE STRONGLY ADVISED WEEKLY MEETINGS

HITTNER: WHAT EXACTLY DOES PET DO?

ALISON: PROMOTE HEALTH AND WELNESS EDUCATION SO WE CAN ENABLE OUR PEERS TO BE HEALTHY AND SUCCESSFUL OWLS, FROM SEXUAL HEALTH TO ANYTHING, BODY IMAGE

HITTNER: SO YOU WORK WITH THE HEALTH AND WELNESS CENTER?

ALISON: YES OUR OFFICE IS NEAR THERE AND WE ARE ALSO THE OFFICE THAT HANDS OUT FREE CONDOMS
SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE REPORT

MARRIAGA: I SIGNED AND SENT THE BILL 15-28 RULES AND POLICIES OF COSO, FROM NOW ON I WILL REPORT WHEN I SIGN AND PASS THEM ON, WE HAVE AN ADVISORY BOARD MEETING WITH DR. KING, AND DISCUSSED HIS ADVISORY BOARD, YOU CAN ALL BE MEMBERS, WE ARE NOT GOING TO JUST BRING BILLS TO THE HOUSE DAY OF WE ARE GOING TO BRING THEM IN AND DEBATE AND THEN TABLE AND BRING THEM INTO COMMITTIES


BOB CRAIN
HOUSE FORUM

HITTNER: I WANT THE HOUSE CHAMBERS TO GET AN OATH OF OFFICE PLAQUE, TOO MUCH MONEY, MORE LIKE A POSTER, IN CONTACT WITH A COMPANY TO SEE IF THEY CAN DO IT AND THEN THERE WILL BE A BILL


VETOED BUSINESS: NONE
TABLED BUSINESS: NONE
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
NEW BUSINESS

MIRE: I HAVE DRAFTED A BILL TO HAVE INFO FLOW MORE SMOOTHLY TO STUDENTS, KATHRYN HAS SOMETHING GOING AND I WILL BE TALKING WITH HER TO MOVE FURTHER ALONG

JUNE: HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET THE STUDENT BODY’S EMAILS?

MIRE: WE HAVE ACTUALLY ALREADY BEEN COLLECTING SOME THROUGH FRESHMEN ORIENTATION, THEY WOULD HAVE TO PROVIDE IT FOR US OR BY CLICKING A LINK

FERRERIA: WHY IS IT SO UNLIKELY TO GET A SCHOOL WIDE EMAIL?

MIRE: IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY DON’T WANT THE STUDENTS BEING SPAMMED AS MUCH

SI ADVISOR: FROM EXPERIENCE THE STUDENTS TREAT FAU EMAILS LIKE SPAM, WE WANT TO AVOID THAT SO WHEN SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE READ THEY READ IN, WE WANT TO MAKE AN OPT OUT, OPT IN OPTION

STONE: WE ARE GOING TO BE TAKING ACCOUNT OF ABSENCES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SITUATIONS, IF YOU ARE NOT HERE YOU CAN NOT CONTRIBUTE; I AM HAVING A MEETING AND CREATING A BILL BECAUSE I DO NOT THINK IT IS RIGHT WE PAY FOR A PARK FOOTBALL GAMES, MOST MAJOR UNIVERSITIES DO NOT, IF YOU HAVE AN OWL CARD AND/OR A PARKING STICKER YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PARK AND I WANT TO HAVE DESIGNATED LOTS FOR STUDENTS, NEXT HOUSE MEETING ON JULY 10TH WE WILL BE GOING OVER THE PARLIAMENTARIAN POWERPOINT, AND WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS, FOR RECRUIMENT TO FALL, IF YOU MEET SOMEONE ON CAMPUS ENCOURAGE THEM TO JOIN THE HOUSE

SI ADVISOR: POI RUNWAY 5 WILL HAVE STUDENT HOUSING IN IT
MARRIAGA: WELCOMES MORE GUEST
MIRE: MOTION TO ADMIT ALL MEMBERS, SECOND
MALTAIS: GET HAMMOCKS ON CAMPUS IN AN AREA BEHIND HPT, HAVE TO MEET WITH MARKETING DIRECTOR AND SPEAKER ABOUT THE SUGGESTIONS THAT ARE GOING TO BE COMING FROM THE STUDENTS, WANT TO GET AN ONLINE SUGGESTION BOX, IT ALREADY EXISTS, BUT IT DOESN’T MEET WHAT WE WANT, WE WANT IT TO BE ANONYMOUS, INSTEAD OF CREATE A NEW ONE, MODIFY OLD

IN-HOUSE ELECTIONS

DAVID DUROSIER: WAS IN SGA AT SCHOOL BEFORE TRANSFER, PUT TOGETHER A BANQUET, WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED, GO FAU

DUNNE: WHAT DOES YOUR SCHEDULE LOOK LIKE ON FRIDAYS?

DUROSIER: HAVE CLASS FROM 1-3:10 AND THEN I WILL COME HERE
FABION SOTO: LOVE HELPING AND GETTING INVOLVE TO MAKE IT A BETTER EXPERIENCE, MAKE IT FUN AND I ENJOY IT, I DID A LOT IN HIGH SCHOOL

STONE: ARE YOU FREE ON FRIDAYS?

SOTO: YES I HAVE CLASS FROM 1-3:10

STONE: FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP AS A REP IN HIGH SCHOOL, POI FOR ANYONE WHO HASN’T SEEN HIM DANCE- HE IS A REALLY GOOD DANCER, CAN YOU NAME ANY LEADERSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS, HAD PROM AT A MANSION IN MIAMI, FIRST AND LAST THAT WAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED THERE, WE ALSO HAD A CARNIVAL THAT RAISED THE MOST MONEY FOR FORT LAUDERDALE HIGH SCHOOL THAT THEY HAVE EVER RAISED, I WAS ALSO A MEMBER OF SGA, HELPED WITH HOMECOMING, AND STEP TEAM WE COMPETED AND

CRAIN: MOVE TO VOTE ON THESE FINE, YOUNG MEN

HITTNER: MOTION TO VOTE ON SOTO AND DUROSIER BY UNANIMOUS CONSENT, SECOND CRAIN

BOB MEYERSON
OATH OF OFFICE: FERRERIA
OPEN FORUM: NONE
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REMINDERS

MARRIAGA: NO HOUSE MEETING ON JULY 3RD AND THE NEXT HOUSE MEETING WILL BE FRIDAY, 10 JULY 2015: 3:30PM, COMMITTIES WILL BE NOTIFIED FOR THERE MEETINGS


FINAL ROLL CALL
STONE: COC MEETING 3PM IN LEGISTLATIVE WORK ROOM
ADJOURNMENT 4:19PM

Download 15.06 Kb.

Share with your friends:




The database is protected by copyright ©ininet.org 2020
send message

    Main page