NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN 1. SPONSOR: Atlanta Motor Speedway, LLC, 1500 Highway 19/41, Hampton, Georgia 30228 (“Sponsor”). The Victory Lane Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Sponsor. The Promotion will be offered online and via mail entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S residents of the 50 U.S. states who are 18 years of age or older on the date of the entry and the District of Columbia (except where prohibited by law). Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, agents involved in the Promotion, subsidiaries, and their immediate families (i.e. parents, children, spouse, siblings) and those living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.Enter online at www.atlantamotorspeedway.com. Entrants may also enter by printing their name, address, telephone number and age on a 3” x 5” card and mailing to: Atlanta Motor Speedway, c/o AMS Victory Lane Promotion, P.O. Box 500, Hampton, GA 30228. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address.Promotion begins August 24 at 9:00 AM EST and ends on August 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM EST. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 28, 2009 by 11:59 PM EST. Sponsor will be the sole arbiter of whether a Promotion entry was received on time.
No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries or mechanically reproduced mail-in entries will be accepted. Sponsor and judges are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, or misdirected entries or mail, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. Entrant understands that the information supplied on the Entry Form or on SMI Sponsor websites may be used for marketing purposes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATLEY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE PROMOTION WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW,INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION; AND IF SUCH INDIVIDUAL ENTERS THE
PROMOTION HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFYIED.
4. SELECTION OF THE WINNERS:The grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the committee.
5. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)
One (1) Grand Prize: Winner and Guest will receive opportunity to be present at the Victory Lane celebration at the conclusion of the Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway on September 6, 2009. Winner and Guest may have the opportunity to have their picture made with the race winner after the race winner’s media obligations are complete; this is subject to availability and Sponsor makes no guarantee that either the Winner or Guest will be able to have a picture taken with the winner of the Pep Boys Auto 500. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses in connection with trip to Victory Lane not expressly described herein as being awarded. The date of the Pep Boys Auto 500 is subject to change. Winner cannot substitute, convert to cash, assign, or transfer prizes. The approximate retail value of the prize (ARV) is $1000.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Actual means of notification to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. WINNERS’ RESPONSIBILITIES:Promotion winners will be solely responsible for all taxes on Promotion Prizes and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of Promotion prize if required. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) prior to issuance of prize. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if affidavit is not returned within 5 days after mailing to winner or if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitution will be given. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes on prizes are solely the winner’s responsibility. By entering you agree to accept the whole prize. Any difference between stated approximate value and the actual value of Promotion prize will not be awarded.
8. RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion all entrants agree, and by accepting prize(s), winner(s) agree(s), to release and hold harmless Atlanta Motor Speedway, LLC and all of its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred by participating in this Promotion and/or the awarding, receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize. 9. PUBLICITY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s affiliates to use entrant’s name, likeness and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration. Also, except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to the use by Sponsor, its affiliates, and their agents, of entrant’s personal information, email addresses and other contact information for marketing and other purposes.
10. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS:For the names of the winners, send a self addressed, stamped envelope by September 31, 2009 to: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Attn: “AMS Victory Lane Promotion List Request,” PO Box 500, Hampton, GA 30228. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by September 31, 2009 to: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Attn: “AMS Victory Lane Promotion Rules Request” PO Box 500, Hampton, GA 30228.
11. MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion game and/or Event in whole or in part in the event that the Promotion game is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules by reason of any of the technical or other disabling causes as described in Rule 3 or other causes that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper play of the Promotion game, including without limitation, hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor shall award the Promotion Prize (or a prize of equal or greater value) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of cancellation.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW: The conduct of the Promotion is governed by all applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rules to the contrary herein.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. All entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta Division) or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Henry County, Georgia; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.