(d) "Emergency medical technician" or "EMT" has the same meaning as in KRS 311A.010.
(2) An automobile race or exhibition shall not be conducted on a race track in Kentucky unless there is available at the track facility at least one (1) ambulance and no less than two (2) emergency medical technicians.
(3) An automobile race track shall, on a paid or voluntary basis, contract with an ambulance provider or medical first response provider for the provision of emergency medical services during the duration of a race or exhibition at the track facility.
(4) The ambulance and emergency medical technicians shall be located in a suitable area that:
(c) Protects the emergency medical technicians from the vehicles participating in the race.
(5) If an ambulance leaves its designated area to respond to an accident on the race track, the race shall not be continued until another ambulance is provided or the first ambulance returns.
(6) (a) A driver involved in an accident on the race track that causes considerable damage to the vehicle or any noticeable injury to the driver shall be checked by the EMTs on duty and cleared to participate before returning to the racing event.