1. What was the main type of helicopter used in Vietnam by the US military? Why was it so effective?
2. The US F-4 Fighter plane dominated the skies of South Vietnam during the war. What were three things it was capable of doing which made it such a versatile plane for this conflict? - - - SCROLL DOWN TO THE OUTFITTED INFANTRYMAN
1. What else did US soldiers use their helmets during the war?
2. What were the two reasons many soldiers abandoned their helmets during the war? - -
3. What was the main problem with the uniform the US Army issued soldiers for Vietnam?
4. The M-16 was the standard issue rifle for infantrymen in Vietnam. What was one of the major problems with this weapon prior to 1966 in a climate such as Vietnam’s?
5. What type of boots were first issued to the soldiers of Vietnam? How were the new “jungle” boots the Army introduced later in the war different?
1. What reportedly happened at My Lai which caused an uproar among many Americans in regards to Vietnam?
Click back button and click on Maps section – click on the black map section on the right labeled Vietnam from 1945 to the Postwar – click on red square with label Go to Vietnam Click on the following cities / areas and explain how each is related to Vietnam War Dienbienphu –