Objectives of Entrepreneurial Training The Industrial Training Fund's Policy Document No. 1 of 1973 (1TE, 1973) which established SIWES outlined the objectives of the scheme. The objectives are to:
1. Provide an avenue for students in institutions of higher learning to acquire industrial Skills and experience during their courses of study.
2. Prepare students for industrial work situations that they are likely to meet after graduation.
3. Expose students to work methods and techniques in handling equipment and machinery that may not be available in their institutions
4. Make the transition from school to the world of work easier and enhance students contacts for later job placements.
5. Provide students with the opportunities to apply their educational knowledge in real work situations, thereby bridging the gap between theory and practice.
6. Enlist and strengthen employers involvement in the entire educational process and prepare students for employment in industry and commerce.
Work Experience Overview in all, I have been trained as to be equipped with the knowledge of production of certain products as I was exposed to various kinds of products and their different production procedures . The details of what I went through or learnt are subsequently explained as follows:
1. For week one, Wednesday 9/02/2022 was orientation and on Thursday 10/02/2022, I learnt to produced liquid detergent.
During the orientation, Miss Victoria Udofia having welcomed the students, gave some guidelines and protocols which I observed till the end other the training.
Also, for liquid detergent, it's a cleansing in liquid form used in laundry and for cleaning of surfaces and washing of plates, clothes etc.
2. For Week two, 14/02/2022 and 17/02/2022 was the production of perfume.
The most practical way to describe perfume is according to elements of the fragrance notes. Perfume is a musical metaphor as having three sets of notes making the harmonious scent Accord. These notes are: top notes, middle notes, and base notes.
3. For week three, 22/02/2022 was production of hair cream. Hair cream is a cosmetic preparation used to improve the condition of, and/or to style the hair. It helps to keep the hair nourished at all time.
4. For week four, 01/03/2022 and 03/03/2022 was production of baby jelly and powder detergent. Baby jelly is a type of petroleum jelly product used used as an ointment and lubricant. It helps to prevent heat generated from prolong use of diaper. Also in this week I learnt powder detergent. Powder detergent is a type of detergent or cleansing in form of powder. It can also be defined as a substance in form of powder used in laundry for washing, and cleaning of surfaces.
5. For week five, 08/03/2022, we production facial powder and air freshener. Facial powder or powder for short is a cosmetic applied to the face basically for beauty and fashion purposes, and to set foundation for application of other beauty products. In this same week, I learnt air freshener. Air freshener is a highly concentrated perfume product with a cleaning component. It eliminates odour and spread pleasant scent.
6. finally for week six, 14/03/2022, we produced hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is an agent applied for the purpose of removing common pathogens that are disease causing organisms. It is also called hand antiseptic or hand rub.
Note: more details of the products including ingredients and procedures for productions are given in my logbook.